Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

FS2004: 2D Clouds & Stutters

While I am quite satisfied with MS Flightsim's latest version, there are two things which do annoy me and which prevent me from giving it a 10/10.2D CLOUDS: Ok, the 3D clouds look great, but those of us who have to reduce the 3D clouds slider to anything less than 100% are treated to JARRINGLY UGLY 2D clouds. Mercifully they only show up in the distance, but even then they can ruin the suspension of disbelief when flying. Why, why, why do they have to be so ugly! Whhhy!!! FSW Worlds cloud patch does help somewhat (thank you FSW), but on my 1.3GHZ 512MB RAM Geforce FX5200 system, I still need to reduce the 3D cloud percentage somewhat to keep flyable framerates and am treated to the above.Hindsight is 20/20, but I believe the FS2004 design team could have made the cloud performance / eye candy tradeoff more balanced. STUTTERS:As readers of this forum are aware, FS2004 stutters after about 10-15min of flights on a significant number of system configurations. The quick fix to reduce sound acceleration in dxdiag does help, but like many, I use my computer to listen to MP3s and hate having adjust dxdiag each time I want to fly or listen to music.APPEAL TO FS2004 DESIGN TEAM:FS2004 design team, I know you are a proud bunch and you deserve to feel that way because FS2004 is a great product, but would it be too much to ask for a patch to address the above ?????WE LOVE YOU!Daniel, CYCW

Guest JonP01

With your stutter problem, I've noticed that as well. I seem to get about 20 minutes before this happens. A re-boot and all is fine again. Mind you, I haven't optimised my setup yet because of installation iusses with FS2004. I have yet to see what it's memory usage patterns are like. What OS are you using?