Sign in to follow this  
sticky1202

White Flashing Blocks

I'm using FS9, and after adding addon scenery for Cancun, and also adding "Activesky Evolution" recently, I'm seeing these white blocks show up, and then disapperar. Almost like flashing. This happens continuosly at every airport I've flown to in the last week. I have tried removing the Cancun scenery to no avail. The problem started just before I installed "activesky evolution", so I doubt that was it either. Could it be another recently added scenery affecting all of these airports? Any ideas appreciated...thanks! Jim

Jim Boerman

Looks like you are missing some textures. A screen shot or two would help. Also, most sceneries include a Readme which speaks about any additional textures needed like Nova Gold textures. Because ASE is a weather program only, it is not from there. I know you are not blaming ASE!

I think ASE is a great add-on. I will try and get a screen shot. Is it possible to add on a scenery, and somehow delete textures by doing so? I've added on many sceneries over the years without a problem. Jim

Jim Boerman

Here is a screen shot of these annoying white blocks. Again, they show up, but they do disappear, and the textures (ground) goes back to normal. Then they show up somewhere else, and do the same thing. If I was missing textures, wouldn't the "white spots" be permanently displayed? This happens everywhere, approximately 10,000 feet and below. Jim

Jim Boerman

Not necessarily as I found out in this thread- http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=287666&hl=Hope this help,Joe
Thanks! I checked out my texture file, and those particular tree files are all there. Interestingly, I changed a few of my display settings, went up in a default aircraft, and at least for this one flight the blocks did not appear. Jim

Jim Boerman