Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris_1981

German Airports missing textures

Guest chris_1981

When I went to Munich I noticed some textures were missing (see attachment) It's all blanc on some places. It happens with a lot of airports in the German airports series. (are there some textures missing?)I have had it working fine once, but now I can't find what's causing this. I've tried switching around in the scenery library, but with no result.Can anyone help me out?Christiaan

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

You are missing some textures from the main FS texture folder.I suggest you reinstall the scenery properly and apply the available patches. You can even install in a different folder outside FS so you will see which textures are placed in the main FS texture folder.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest chris_1981

Sorry I forgot the attachment Here it is

I have the same problem. The other problem though is the AI traffic. Until AFCAD comes out, there's no sense in using GA. I can't see planes taxiing through buildings!! I'll be watching this post for an answer. I can't see where it went, unless it's using a non-readable texture in 2004?????Don

Howdy:as far as I know (using FS2002) the texture problem appears when you have alternative generic texture sets installed in your scenedb/world/texture folder that are in compressed DXT1 format instead of the uncompressed FS default format. GA uses some of these for ground/grass display but doesn't seem to be able to read DXT1.The solution is to either reinstall the original scenedb/world/texture from your FS2002 disk or, if you don't want to loose the DXT1 textures, to copy the required textures into your GA texture folder.Which textures are required? I can't provide a full list but you'll need some of the FS default .bmp that start with 017b2, 128b2, and 134b2; for a quick check/fix, just copy all of them into one of your GA texture folders. To find the exact files, use BGL Analyzer by Winfried Orthmann, which has a function to compile a list of all texture files a scenery .bgl uses.Cheers, Holger