Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tamadeez

No SID No Fly!

Guest Tamadeez

Hi all whenever I takeoff anywhere without entering a SID MD11 will 100% crash after about 1min after T/O. I do enter a rwy and get the green box to T/O. So frustrating. Please don't tell me to reinstall been there done that. Thanks :)

Guest Tamadeez
How exactly does it crash? You mean a software crash?
Oh yes my bad it's a software crash (fatal error followed by FSX trying to restart)And the event viewer says:Problem signiture-P1: fsx.exeP2: 10.0.61637.0P3: 46fadb14P4: PMDG_MD11.DLLP5: 10.0.61355.62P6: 49b7c81dP7: 00118301P9:P10:

The problem is usually not having a SID or not, but not having an enroute segment in the flight plan.I recommend at least a departure runway, and enroute fix or VOR (even if you don't fly to it) and then the approach. When doing local pattern work I may never leave the terminal area but at least put one "enroute" segment in the FMS.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, I had this problem also when doing some training patterns. I have spent several hours to find the cause of this crashes:FS will crash always when the T/D (Top of Descend) is reached before the T/C (Top of Climb) or when you are forcing the FMS to transfer from CLB directly to DES, or from DES directly to CLB.PMDG is aware of this bug.So as Dan said it is very important to have a longer enroute segment to avoid a crash. Regardless that you only want to do a traffic pattern. Jan-Paul

Hi, I had this problem also when doing some training patterns. I have spent several hours to find the cause of this crashes:FS will crash always when the T/D (Top of Descend) is reached before the T/C (Top of Climb) or when you are forcing the FMS to transfer from CLB directly to DES, or from DES directly to CLB.PMDG is aware of this bug.So as Dan said it is very important to have a longer enroute segment to avoid a crash. Regardless that you only want to do a traffic pattern. Jan-Paul
If you're doing traffic patterns, why use the FMC? I'm practicing T&G's with the PMDG 737 and don't use the FMC, I just set the Vrefs manually with a light fuel load. Then I use the ADF as a guide to the airport and use the AP along with the VS setting a gentle descent slope (700-800 ft/min). Then hand fly the last 1000' of altitude down to the runway. It's getting easier and better. Reason why is that TNCM (Princess Juliana) has no ILS, so a visual approach and landing is required. Great fun!Jim Dow

Guest Tamadeez
The problem is usually not having a SID or not, but not having an enroute segment in the flight plan.I recommend at least a departure runway, and enroute fix or VOR (even if you don't fly to it) and then the approach. When doing local pattern work I may never leave the terminal area but at least put one "enroute" segment in the FMS.Hope this helps.
Ok that's a really good idea cheers :)

Thank you for the tip, this should work around the nasty CTD problem that I have with the MD-11 since a long time.Andreas