Sign in to follow this  
WebbPA

TIP: FS2002/FS2004 and the Minipanel.

In FS2002 (especially when flying VFR), I use the socalled Minipanel a lot.You can see this Minipanel by using the "W" key in 2D Cockpit mode, which toggles between MainPanel-Minipanel-PanelOff.As far as I knew, this Minipanel could only be defined generically (that is: per catagory of aircraft, not per individual aircraft), as specified in file FS2002AircraftDefaultPanelpanel.cfg.However, by looking at several panel.cfg files in FS2004, I noticed that the Minipanel can also be defined per aircraft, in the panel.cfg of that aircraft.Example from the panel.cfg file of the default B747:[Window06]position=7size_mm=350,200child_3d=1background_color=0,0,0ident=MINIPANELgauge00=Boeing747-400!Primary Flight Display, 0, 0gauge01=Boeing747-400!Multi-Function Display, 177, 0Using the "W" key (or another key or button you assign to the keyfunction "Panel On/Off") appears to works as follows:- If the Minipanel is defined in the panel.cfg of the individual aircraft, FS uses that defintion.- If it is not, FS uses the definition in the panel.cfg file in AircraftDefaultPanelThis also means that, if you like to use a generic Minipanel for several aircraft (as defined in the Default folder), you have to remove the Minipanel section for the individual aircraft's panel.cfg. The above works the same in both FS2004 AND FS2002 !.Figure out yourself how to use this to your advantage :-) Rob BarendregtPS: Did you know FS2004 now has a Flap Axis, so you don't need the "FSUIPC-trick" anymore if you want to control your flaps from a spare controller axis ??

I'm not using CFGedit myself, but I doubt it.Since you asked, I assume you use CFGedit yourself.WHy don't you just try, and post the result here ?Regards, Rob

CfgEdit doesn't work at all with defaultpanelpanel.cfg. It might if you wanted to move it, or the relevant portions, to an active aircraft - I haven't tried.That being said, it works 50% better with this configuration. You can get an idea (outline) where the gauges will appear but you can't see them.

Yeah. Sorry, Rob. I thought it was a good tip and I'll give it one more bump. I've experienced and heard complaints about the MP in 2004 (take a look at the Learjet) so I suspect we haven't heard the last of this. WE TOLD YOU SO!