Sign in to follow this  
ramana

Pushback

Hi,I am not able to figure out how to use Pushback right and left turns. I assign the keyboard commands for turns.Say shift + R for right and shift + L for left but when I give the command while aircraft is under pushback it only applies brake and the plane stops. Please suggest. Ramana V Nandyal

Hi,I am not able to figure out how to use Pushback right and left turns. I assign the keyboard commands for turns.Say shift + R for right and shift + L for left but when I give the command while aircraft is under pushback it only applies brake and the plane stops. Please suggest. Ramana V Nandyal
Hi Ramana,Assuming your keyboard is setup as US, english or similar, I think the FS9 command should be shift P + 1 or 2 but it doesn't always work well if you've made change in key assignments. Anyways, using the "PMDG\general\keyboard commands" menu works fine.Rgds,Bruno

Hi Ramana,Assuming your keyboard is setup as US, english or similar, I think the FS9 command should be shift P + 1 or 2 but it doesn't always work well if you've made change in key assignments. Anyways, using the "PMDG\general\keyboard commands" menu works fine.Rgds,Bruno
Hi Bruno,I had assigned the commands only through PMDG\general\keyboard commands menu but that is not working.Rgrds,Ramana.V.Nandyal

Hi Bruno,I had assigned the commands only through PMDG\general\keyboard commands menu but that is not working.Rgrds,Ramana.V.Nandyal
Hi Ramana,Check if the commands you've chosen (shift L and shift R if I remember well) are not already assigned to other functions in the FS9 \options\controls\assignments menu.Check also if you are using FSUIPC or other utilities that require specific key assignments.Sorry, no better idea at this time.Bruno

I used in the PMDG Menu for Key Assignments the following:Pushback Straight: Ctrl / Down Arrow (Numlock 2)Pushback Left: Ctrl / Right Arrow (Numlock 6) for Tail RightPushback Right: Ctrl / Left Arrow (Numlock 4) for Tail LeftOn my keyboard the arrow quad is next to the control key so I can do this with two fingers of one hand.I have a fully registered FSUIPC so I set Pushback for FS and FSUIPC to Ctrl / Down Arrow as above. In FS itself I set Pushback to the same. For Select Item One I set the Ctrl / Num 4 (Left Arrow) and the reverse for Select Item 2.The action in FS default type aircraft is different than the PMDG. In PMDG using the turning pushback starts it moving back and then it turns after about a 3/4 aircraft length. In other aircraft I have to start straight back and then command the turn.Either when moving hitting the down arrow arrests movement.

I used in the PMDG Menu for Key Assignments the following:Pushback Straight: Ctrl / Down Arrow (Numlock 2)Pushback Left: Ctrl / Right Arrow (Numlock 6) for Tail RightPushback Right: Ctrl / Left Arrow (Numlock 4) for Tail LeftOn my keyboard the arrow quad is next to the control key so I can do this with two fingers of one hand.I have a fully registered FSUIPC so I set Pushback for FS and FSUIPC to Ctrl / Down Arrow as above. In FS itself I set Pushback to the same. For Select Item One I set the Ctrl / Num 4 (Left Arrow) and the reverse for Select Item 2.The action in FS default type aircraft is different than the PMDG. In PMDG using the turning pushback starts it moving back and then it turns after about a 3/4 aircraft length. In other aircraft I have to start straight back and then command the turn.Either when moving hitting the down arrow arrests movement.
Hi,I assigned the commands as suggested by youPushback Straight: Ctrl / Down Arrow (Numlock 2)Pushback Left: Ctrl / Right Arrow (Numlock 6) for Tail RightPushback Right: Ctrl / Left Arrow (Numlock 4) for Tail LeftIt has worked. Thank you for the advise. Rgrds,Ramana.V.Nandyal