Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

PNW...you NEED to take out the Ultralight....

Today, I took off from 7WA5 (island strip) and started just exploring the landing strips and other islands, etc. I was about 1800 feet coming up on one island because I could see properties with 'dream-team' yachts next to the jetties. As I saw a cove that interested me...I came in around 1200 feet..and saw a plume of water go up. Not quite knowing from whence it came...I banked...and just about fell out of the sky, LOL! It was an Orca, with a pod of dolphins about 500 feet away, blowing their air holes, and then diving once more. It just made me realise all the stuff you can miss in this scenery pack. Now...if this was originally in PNW, or added via SP1 or SP2, I know not. It could also have been added via Oz for PNW. So...take the Ultralight up from 7WA5, and just spend the afternoon island hopping all around. You just don't know what you will miss, unless you check out all the coves...... What a blast!Post Edit: Here's a hint....take the Ultralight or an Amphib...and fly over the islands until you see one with lagoons (lighter color water surrounding it...) There is a cove/bay that has jumping dolphin pods swimming around as well as one HUGE orca venting its blow hole. The animation is very well done! I'm right now have just landed the Carenado StationAir 6 Amphib and am watching all the dolphin pods having fun and actually swimming toward , but then avoiding colliding with my aircraft. FSX just keeps on getting better and better....Mitch

Haha, nice tip ... will try. Those OrbX guys a really mad :(

Thanks for the tip Mitch!Very nice indeed to see animal life in this beautiful scenery.That's probably ORBX or Oz scenery addition, not FSX default.BTW, if you like seeing orcas, wales, flamingos and parrots, you can download the files I created few years ago called "Bird", adding life in different places.You'll find the files here :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks for the tip Mitch!Very nice indeed to see animal life in this beautiful scenery.That's probably ORBX or Oz scenery addition, not FSX default.BTW, if you like seeing orcas, wales, flamingos and parrots, you can download the files I created few years ago called "Bird", adding life in different places.You'll find the files here :(
Thanks David, will do that. Yeah...this is huge escapism...but what the hey....lots of fun. It keeps me young! :)

Guest 413X3

feel free to post some shots in the screen shot forum!

Little animated touches like this really make a scenery shine, I remember taxiing of the runway at Aerosoft Lelystad and seeing an animated guy prepping his cessna and just screeching to a halt.

Yep, the Orbx stuff yields all sorts of surprises if you fly low and slow. I don't have Orbx's PNW, but I do have Orbx's Australian scenery ... I saw a plume of rising smoke recently whilst flying near a beach in the south of Tasmania ... so I flew in low for a closer look. Imagine my surprise when I saw people camping with tents, a campfire and a floatplane. And just off the same coast was a pod of dolphins frolicking in the water. The OZx guys also add their own share of stuff with their scenery additions as well.

Regards,

Freddy