Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

FS2004 Installation: What to do about this?

Chipset driver and application accelerator? You mean the motherboard drivers?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest Howard

Yes, my MB is an ASUS P4PE with the Intel 845 chipset. This has a chipset driver and a program called the Application Accelerator. I belive they must be installed in the correct order, driver first and accelerator second.RegardsHoward

Guest Howard

Sorry, double posts at random????RegardsHoward

I see, this must be an Asus thing as my MB is also an Asus. I will definitely try this.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest Mikeoscar

hi,Sorry but this is not an Asus Mobo problem : both my brother and I have the same MSI mobo (KT3 Ultra 2) and I had no problem installing FS2004 while my brother ran into the very same trouble you are facing. And still no solution. I pass the messages to him reg. DMA, and I will keep you informed of the results.

>I see, this must be an Asus thing as my MB is also an Asus. I>will definitely try this.>>Thanks>>ShezHey, why don't you image the CDs onto disk (using cdrwin, nero, clonecd, alcohol, whichever)? Load the image as CD-Rom (Daemon Tools - freeare afaik) and simply install.THat's what I did since I have enough space like you, to save trouble when I want reinstall fsim and do some testing. Much simpler.Word Not Allowed

Thanks. I had solved this problem a while back, it was a faulty CD-ROM drive, purchased a new one and it is all OK.CheersShez

Shez Ansari