Sign in to follow this  
Rusty107

Mute

HiI am having difficulty muting the mic?I tried assigning both a button (Saitek Yoke) or simply a key without success. The FO still

Hi BrianMany thanks for the quick response!Yes the green bar does appear with narrative, however when I tested using 'Taxi Check please' and FO replied, so I would guess he does act?

Hi BrianMany thanks for the quick response!Yes the green bar does appear with narrative, however when I tested using 'Taxi Check please' and FO replied, so I would guess he does act?
He shouldn't respond.You saw the "M" icon pop-up on the FS2Crew Main Panel when you depressed the mute button?Best,

He shouldn't respond.You saw the "M" icon pop-up on the FS2Crew Main Panel when you depressed the mute button?Best,
Hi sorry for the delay :)I have got Fs2Crew to recognise the button and yes an 'M' icon appears thanks.I have one other question when I let go of the button the 'M' is still in there and I have to press the button again to make it dissapear. Should the mute only work when the button is pushed & held?

Hi sorry for the delay :)I have got Fs2Crew to recognise the button and yes an 'M' icon appears thanks.I have one other question when I let go of the button the 'M' is still in there and I have to press the button again to make it dissapear. Should the mute only work when the button is pushed & held?
Hi,If you release the 'soft mute' key and M is still there, you probably still have Hard Mute on.Click the HM button to ensure Hard Mute is off.

Hi,If you release the 'soft mute' key and M is still there, you probably still have Hard Mute on.Click the HM button to ensure Hard Mute is off.
Hi hard mute (HM) is off? I have a Saitek Pro Yoke and using button 1 if that helps?

Hi hard mute (HM) is off? I have a Saitek Pro Yoke and using button 1 if that helps?
Hard to say based on that info.Run the FS2Crew J41 Config Manager and re-assign the Mute button to a Key.Use LCONTROL.See what happen when you use the Left Control button.Best,

Hi Bryan,I hope you don't mind me jumping in here as I had a similar problem I posted about back in June. Unfortunately I could never get the soft mute to work on my CH Yoke button by assigning it from the FS2Crew Config manager. I found assigning the key Left SHIFT would work but not other keys such as Left CTRL. Although a solution it wasn't ideal as I wanted to assign a button on my Yoke as I fly on Vatsim so I wanted the PTT key for Vatsim to work with the Soft Mute key for FS2Crew.My final solution was to use another piece of software called JOKER. It's a tiny program that is just a single executable. You just need to remember to start Joker when using FSX. To set up the Soft mute to work on my CH Yoke button I needed to do the following.1. In FSCrew Config manager I assign Left Shift for Soft Mute.2. In Joker I assign Button 1 on my CH Yoke to activate Left Shift.3. In FSInn for Vatsim I assign PTT to Button 1 on my CH Yoke.So now when I press button 1 on my CH Yoke it activates the Soft Mute for FS2Crew and activates the PTT button for Vatsim.I hope this information is helpful.Regards,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Hi Bryan,I hope you don't mind me jumping in here as I had a similar problem I posted about back in June. Unfortunately I could never get the soft mute to work on my CH Yoke button by assigning it from the FS2Crew Config manager. I found assigning the key Left SHIFT would work but not other keys such as Left CTRL. Although a solution it wasn't ideal as I wanted to assign a button on my Yoke as I fly on Vatsim so I wanted the PTT key for Vatsim to work with the Soft Mute key for FS2Crew.My final solution was to use another piece of software called JOKER. It's a tiny program that is just a single executable. You just need to remember to start Joker when using FSX. To set up the Soft mute to work on my CH Yoke button I needed to do the following.1. In FSCrew Config manager I assign Left Shift for Soft Mute.2. In Joker I assign Button 1 on my CH Yoke to activate Left Shift.3. In FSInn for Vatsim I assign PTT to Button 1 on my CH Yoke.So now when I press button 1 on my CH Yoke it activates the Soft Mute for FS2Crew and activates the PTT button for Vatsim.I hope this information is helpful.Regards,Serge
Hi Serge,Thanks for the sharing that!Cheers,

Worked like a charm, thank you very much for that! In addition I simply added the Program to the startup (so I dont forget to activate it prior to launching FSX)Cheers!

Hi Bryan - I am also having a problem with soft muting, no key or CH yoke assignment work for me. Thought it was just me so didn't give it another thought until I saw this thread on the forum. Question: When I assign an key or button from the JS41 config manager, should the assignment show up if I close, then re-open the drop down menu in the "mute voice recognition assignment"? For me, after assigning a key, saving and closing the config manager, opening it again the assignment I selected does not show (shows blank). Any assignment I choose, either keyboard or joystick does not work when testing in fsx (I speak and see it in green text at top of screen).Please let me know, thanksMike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Just re-read the manual and assigned "alternate static source (on/off)" to button 2 and I know have mute! Why am I able to assign it from the fsx menu but unable to assign it from the fs2crew config manager?Thanks,Mike

Hi Bryan - I am also having a problem with soft muting, no key or CH yoke assignment work for me. Thought it was just me so didn't give it another thought until I saw this thread on the forum. Question: When I assign an key or button from the JS41 config manager, should the assignment show up if I close, then re-open the drop down menu in the "mute voice recognition assignment"? For me, after assigning a key, saving and closing the config manager, opening it again the assignment I selected does not show (shows blank). Any assignment I choose, either keyboard or joystick does not work when testing in fsx (I speak and see it in green text at top of screen).Please let me know, thanksMike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Just re-read the manual and assigned "alternate static source (on/off)" to button 2 and I know have mute! Why am I able to assign it from the fsx menu but unable to assign it from the fs2crew config manager?Thanks,Mike
Hi Mike,I can't explain that. There was probably a conflict on your system somewhere associated with alt static source.The important thing is it now works for you.Best,

I am sorry to bring up an old thread.I understand the fix in this thread about the soft mute and mapping it to another button. My additional question is. Has anyone had any success mapping a second button to the same soft mute?I fly for 2 VAs, and frequent TS channels when I am flying for group flights and whatnot. I would love to be able to easily use FS2Crew online, also in TS.Can this be done? Assigning two buttons Soft Mute/PTT over vatsim and Soft Mute/PTT for TS? I also, if it helps, have a registered version of FSUIPC.