Sign in to follow this  
Guest iflyskyhawks

Real Air 172 Flight Model

Guest FlyboyMichael

Has anyone been able to fix the RealAir 172 flight model so that it is not so sluggish in responding to the elevator in FS9? It flew brilliantly under FS2002. Does anyone have a 172 flight model that feels accurate under FS9?Thanks,Michael

I believe that Realair have said that they will provide a patch to allow the 172 to fly as well in FS2004 as it does in Fs2002. But we just have to wait for it -- it is freeware after all.Barry

Guest FlyboyMichael

Cool. I can't wait.So it's not just me experiencing this problem.Are there any other 172s to use in the meantime?:-roll

If you find the rest of the flight model accurate in FS2004, you may just want to adjust the sensitivity of the elevator upward by one or two points in the aircraft.cfg until a patch is out....-John

Guest FlyboyMichael

Which variables do I modify?If I find the yaw motion caused by rudder underdamped, what variables do I modify?Thanks for your help.

We're working on a host of issues to bring things up to date with FS2004. The C172 revision is almost complete and will be released as a service patch soon. Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest FlyboyMichael

Thanks a ton Rob! It was awesome to fly the RealAir 172 in FS2002.

>The C172 revision is almost complete and will be>released as a service patch soon.THanks, Rob! You guys are awesome. Your C172 has been my default plane since it was released, and I'll be purchasing your Marchetti just 'cause I feel like you deserve a reward for all of the use I have gotten out of your freeware 172.

Guest bones

I'd like to chip in here and say thank you as well. There are probably a lot of FS users who, like me, have set your C172 as the default aircraft. I'd like to thank you for such excellent proof that a good flight model is possible in FS2002.To anyone thinking about the SF260 I would say you are really missing a lot of fun if you don't get it.boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Guest iflyskyhawks

>We're working on a host of issues to bring things up to date>with FS2004. The C172 revision is almost complete and will be>released as a service patch soon. >>Regards,>>Rob Young - RealAir SimulationsThis is great news. A thousand thanks for your work on the RealAir 172. I look forward to flying it again...in FS2004, as I work on my real-world Instrument Rating!Thank you for your continued dedication to the flight sim community!