Sign in to follow this  
Javiz

MAAM-SIM Goes Native FSX !

JEEPERS ... JAN! .. i,m still rubbin me peppers , the engine detail is amazing ! the stitching in the fabric ...... hic hm need some socks darned :(

Hello All, I don't want to be rude but I thought we were all waiting for the DC3 for FSX........?????Disappointed,D.

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

Simply stunning.My next upgrade is going to be to 3D...TrackIR, 3D, this model - you may as well be there.Perhaps a small pot of engine oil next to the mouse?

Stunning is an understatement. I was looking back through the screen shots again, and the detail is really jaw dropping stuff.This will most definitely become one of my favorite aircraft in the hanger when completed.Very excited about this one. Job exceptionally well done guys.

Guest Railrunner130

Absolutely incredible. Words cannot describe this work of wonder. :(

Wow!!, guys! Thanks much for the positive comments, it's very much appreciated ! :( Cheers,Jan

Jan

Biting tongue....Those previews are excellent! I discovered MAAM too late for FS9, so now I am champing at the bit for these high detail FSX models!

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Guest Cag40Navy

Very nice! Looking forward to it in FSX.

Hello All, I don't want to be rude but I thought we were all waiting for the DC3 for FSX........?????Disappointed,D.
Me too and it's sad that since you posted no one has answered?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well........if you guys look at the very first post that Javiz put on here (the very top) he explained that he wanted to use something that may be a littler simpler to learn on for the first native FSX model, and he / they selected the N3N. Considering what a magnificent job he's doing on the N3N, I would think that you'd be happy and all excited because it ought to be obvious that when he gets to the DC-3......it's going to be a real knock-out!!! If it were me, I would be wanting to buy the N3N when it's done so that I had a "highly detailed" bi-plane to enjoy and be awe struck with while waiting on the DC-3! So if you guys peek inside that big dark cloud hanging over your heads, you'll find a silver lining in there! It's the N3N. Cheer Up!:( Happy Landings!

Your comments are most welcome but, I would take a positive bet that a lot more buyers are waiting for the FSX DC-3, than the very small percentage, that will buy that little (almost unknown) monoplane. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

There is no doubt in my mind that the Dakota and its derivatives are some of the most popular aircraft ever to fly. And this is equally true of the flight sim versions, as can be seen by the HUMUNGOUS amount of them that are available. I don't want to denigrate anyones efforts, as most of them are extreemly good aircraft, but the MAAM_SIM effort is as much a classic as was the douglas version. And as already stated the updates from the original were well appreciated. The BIG fly in the ointment is the fact that there is NOT an FSX native version (applies to the B25 as well. In the past it was a valid argument that there was a "Port across" and that FSX was new also that most flight simmers were happy with FS9/2004/acof, That ,however is no longer the case and FSX is as mainstream as FS9. The textures could be updated as with many other things , and we will be very happy to recieve any crumbs that you guys can throw us. mBUT the BIG thing is the virtual cockpit, which is dated and blocky and only selected items work. This is a major problem with the program and urgently requires rectification. I know it is a big job and that you have many other things keeping you busy. But the MAAM-Sim Dak has gone from being almost the only aircraft I used to sim fly to not having been used at all for over a year.I (and I am sure others too) would happily pay for a full upgrade (Especially seeing where that money goes and the fine work it helps towards), So how about it fellas , it's been years now and we are still waiting to get our favorite aircraft into the 21st century.

Oh yeah, I have been waiting for that DC-3 for so long. I wonder If it will be there before the next Flightsimulator sees the sunlight?

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Me too and it's sad that since you posted no one has answered?
I agree it's great to see steps in the FSX native direction but I also have to agree with G7 that perhaps owners of existing MAAM products are getting left behind. I would gladly pay (again) for an FSX version of BT B25 rather than have to endure half measures to get limited functionality under FSX with the "fixes". I have not been able to successfully load BT under Win7 FSX/Acceleration with the provided fixes. The result is flaky and only partially functional. My PC platform continues to evolve: why can't MAAM products keep pace?