Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Microsoft Only Gets a "C" from this Long Term User

Guest PaulL01

>But Microsoft has (and quite rightly so) a strict>policy to NOT patch things that aren't critical. :-lolWow, that is golden! you posted that nonsense here with historical facts right in front of you...FS2k was patched for reason other than what you state, Oh your largeness. and there are>NO critical problems with FS2004.>If there were noone would be able to use it, when in fact>there are only a few (professional???) complainers.Please take yer flame bait somewhere else.ChazzButt!

Guest otter55

"Since you have no issues and since you purchased a TI4600 why do you not use AA?"i have tried aa on 2x and 4x and quite honestly saw no difference.as i said earlier, i have a nice quality picture that i am very satisfied with. it looks like what i see out of the windows of my real c-172. i couldnt ask more from any flightsim.don

Guest PaulL01

>"Since you have no issues and since you purchased a TI4600>why do you not use AA?">>i have tried aa on 2x and 4x and quite honestly saw no>difference.>>as i said earlier, i have a nice quality picture that i am>very satisfied with. it looks like what i see out of the>windows of my real c-172. i couldnt ask more from any>flightsim.>>donOk, fair enough Don.But respectfuly there is a huge difference in using AA and not, considering you saw no difference would suggest that either you did not configure you driver settings in a way that would enable it or you just need to have a visit with the good eye doctor. :)Try this for AA; (so you don't run into the menu issue) using your current settings go into FS and try spot view and take a look at your favorite craft and take note of the blured paintjob (stripes)as you start to view it from behind or infront, note aslo the jagged edges. Now go back in the cockpit and take a flight around your favorite city and notice how the buildings seem to swim or shimmer as the scene moves before you.Now, before you exit the sim go into the hardware settings tab and make sure that AA is >not< selected but also make sure trilinear filtering is checked on, OK? good. Now exit the sim and go into your windows display settings tab (right clip on desktop, click properties/settings/advanced/GF4TI/performance and quality tab and go all the way over to the right with the Antialiasing slider, that should be 4xs, also you should turn on 4xAF (anisotropic filter) now under the performqnce and "Q" tab you should see a Direct3D tab, go in and make sure you jave "best quality" set for image quality. Apply all of your changes and exit. now fire up FS and take a look at the results. PLease report back so we can make sure you got it running with AA correctly.Also note: please make sure you are running in full screen mode.