Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

how would you prevent this cheat?

I keep toying with the idea of having my own VAI was thinking of having an online VATSIM only VA - in other words use VATSIM online flying to record your flightsbut was wondering how you would prevent someone from just logging in and sitting somewhere to rack up time without flying? How would you prevent this cheat?thanksBrian S

Ciao!

I keep toying with the idea of having my own VAI was thinking of having an online VATSIM only VA - in other words use VATSIM online flying to record your flightsbut was wondering how you would prevent someone from just logging in and sitting somewhere to rack up time without flying? How would you prevent this cheat?thanksBrian S
You don't have to,as VATSIM doesn't allow that.You can leave the frequency unattended for max 30 minutes if n

You don't have to,as VATSIM doesn't allow that.You can leave the frequency unattended for max 30 minutes if n

Ciao!

Make them fly the flight then use vataware.com to review the flight simples :(,

Vataware is a great tool and there is also the VATSIM Statistics Center that can give you a lot of information on a particular pilot. You may want to look into using an Acars system that will do this for you.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

People people, vataware or vatsim or FSCARS or VSAFS will not work. The poster is ASKING how TO PREVENT cheating. In other words, the poster does not want any pilot to take off from Japan for 12 hour flight to America while during the twelve hour flight, the pilot will be watching football games or partying with people or watching movies on tv when he is supposed to sit on the pilot seat full alert ready to coordinate with controllers or pilots during the 12 hour flight. This has been source of complaints among Vatsim controllers who tried to contact pilots during 12 hour trips only to receive no replies because the pilots are not at the seats so the controllers gave up and let them fly past the airspace. Also the poster does NOT want a pilot to take off from New Zealand for flight to KLAX and then during the long flight, the pilot goes to bed to sleep whole night and wake up next morning ready to land his plane at KLAX. That is what the poster is worried about. Aharon

signCopy.jpg

If you have some &@($* clown who is pulling this kinda crap, block him from your VA. Why worry about it, you don't want/need this kind of idiot in your organization. Cheating on hours! Give me a freakin' break!

If you have some &@($* clown who is pulling this kinda crap, block him from your VA. Why worry about it, you don't want/need this kind of idiot in your organization. Cheating on hours! Give me a freakin' break!
Superglide17, Believe me. I am sure the poster would love to do that but one problem. The poster is worried that he might not be able to be aware that any pilot might be cheating. The poster is worried that some pilots might be doing for months while the poster is not aware because vatware, vatsim, FSCARS, and VAFS are not telling the whole picture. Those softwares do not tell you if the pilot is sitting on desk flying the plane for 12 hours across Pacific Ocean. Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Guest 747-fan

AFAIK Vatsim supervisors do check, but they are few and pilots are numerous. I've never been "checked". They reserve the right to call you up and expect an answer within a reasonable amount of time. If you're AFK for too long, you get kicked (or worse?). Also, ATC can do the same, EG if they come online and you've left the room to watch tv or whatnot, and you don't respond in decent time, it's your *ss. Unsure if it's merely a kick or a temporary or permanent ban to break that rule. My VA requires me to press "refresh" on their website at least once an hour, whether I'm on VATSIM, IVAO or fly offline (you get double your points if you fly online). That's our solution, not the best but at least it keeps the pressure up. Once an hour if you keep the report page open you hear the cabin call "ding" to remind you to update.

The best solution is to make hours irrelevant. They're a pretty useless metric for pilot skills or experience anyways.Cheers!Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Hey Luke, that is freakin' BRILLIANT!! I love that!what would recommend is a better way to keep track of a pilots skill set? landing rate? etc, or ??

Ciao!