Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Scenery.cfg

Can the scenery.cfg file be deleted, like the FS9.cfg, and be automatically re-read and restored. I was removing a couple of pieces of add-on scenery built for the Misty And Tongass Fjords software and "things" happened. Looking at the scenery.cfg file, I have double entries and mismatch files and priorities. I may end up just re-installing FS9, but I,m looking for options.ThanksTom

Guest FengZ

nope, you can't remove it. but, there are options:- look for backup versions in the same folder (usually created by addon sceneries). Their names are usually similar to Scenery.old, Scenery.before.install, etc..- or install Flightsim manager and use the scenery tool, it'll automatically fix problems, etc. And you can use it to view all your addon sceneries, re-arrange them, remove, etc....it's the best tool!-feng

Can the scenery.cfg file be deleted, like the FS9.cfg, and be automatically re-read and restored. I was removing a couple of pieces of add-on scenery built for the Misty And Tongass Fjords software and "things" happened. Looking at the scenery.cfg file, I have double entries and mismatch files and priorities. I may end up just re-installing FS9, but I,m looking for options.ThanksTom
No - it does not rebuild like the FS9.cfg does. You should be able to manually remove the double entries and then run a utility like Steve Greenwood's excellent scenery renumbering tool (FSTscenery.exe) to correct the mismatches - it is available here:http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/resources-g.shtml BTW - This is the error message you will get if FS cannot find your scenery.cfg file:

OOPS - Sorry Feng - Looks like were typeing at the same time and you beat me to the post.

Hello FengCan you please tell me how to get FS Manager to run? Every time I try it gives me an error oo5 and tells me I am using a very old version (2.85) and to go download a new version and if you try that it takes you everywhere but where you want to go.............. john

Hello FengCan you please tell me how to get FS Manager to run? Every time I try it gives me an error oo5 and tells me I am using a very old version (2.85) and to go download a new version and if you try that it takes you everywhere but where you want to go.............. john
I get that same error if I attempt to open FS manager from start/programs.What I did was go to the folder, it should be somewhere on your C/programs.."C:\Program Files\RanaInside\FlightSimManager"Once there I clicked on the FSMGR icon and it opened fine.I then sent,( create shortcut) the icon to a folder on my desktop for future use. Works fine.Hope that helps.Opa or Feng can offer more thorough advice.

I get that same error if I attempt to open FS manager from start/programs.What I did was go to the folder, it should be somewhere on your C/programs.."C:\Program Files\RanaInside\FlightSimManager"Once there I clicked on the FSMGR icon and it opened fine.I then sent,( create shortcut) the icon to a folder on my desktop for future use. Works fine.Hope that helps.Opa or Feng can offer more thorough advice.
Thanks for your reply. I tried your solution but it did not work for me at all...........John

... and another utility "SCM2004 Scenery Manager" by Hans Hartmann , file name: scm2004.zip, right here in the library. I've been using SCM2004 for ages. I like it because it is small and efficient and does it's job more than adequately. Among other things it will renumber all entries in case there are double numbers and such.Regards,Jure

FSM will run by using the edited exe file in this download from Flightsim.com:FS2002/FS2004 FlightSimManager v2.85 Patch[ Download | View ] Name: fsmgr.zip Size: 19,019 Date: 05-02-2007 Downloads: 2,242 fsmgr.gif FS2002/FS2004 FlightSimManager v2.85 Patch. The program stops working after November 30, 2006 and the author's site web www.ranainside.com is a dead link. Use the patch to make it work without the need to change the Windows date It works just fine with this patch installed.

Thank you all,OPA, I have had a problem in the past running FSM and the patch under Windows 7 Pro64, but I'll try it again. If I remember correctly I should be able to get by the problem by selecting an older date. I will also take a look at Steve Greenwood's utility.One of the freeware add-ons for either Misty or Tongass misbehaved. It over wrote the runways of the Fly Tampa Seattle and Midway Packages. I must admit that the first time that you see grass runways at either of the airports it is rather cool. I removed the two most recent pieces of freeware and reran the Fly Tampa installations and everything was fine. I then added the Vancouver and Glacier Bay scenery packages and everything was still good. Added a couple of other freeware add-ons, from the libary and I started to see double shorelines. Reading the forums at FSADDONs, Flightsim, and here, stated that double shore lines is often times caused by UT. I then back out a couple of add-ons and closeout the sim to attend a family event.The next time I reloaded the sim, I decided to check the Fly Tampa Scenery Packages first, just to be sure that I still had concrete. Both KSEA & KMDW were fine. I also check by Fly Tampa Boston Package and found that the airport was completly missing. Gone with the wind, just a parking lot with 30-50 airplanes parked around an open field. I removed the Fly Tampa Boston entry from the FS9 delete function from the scenery library, deleted it from the FS9 Addon folder, reload the sim and shut it down so that the scenery.cfg file could update. Reloaded the sim and KBOS was still a parking lot.I then removed many of my freeware add-ons for Alaska and still had no joy at Boston. I then open the scenery config file and found that I duplicate entries and in addtion layer numbers that did not match the entry number. I deleted the duplicates, one which was KBOS and changed only the entry number for KBOS and the parking lot went away. I attempted a flight out of KBOS with a default aircraft and evrything worked. Later I tried using a payware aircraft at another default airport and I could not load the aircraft, but I could load a default bird. The payware bird was the Eaglesoft C400 and they use an upgraded radio system for navigation and display so I'm not certain that this problem relates to my scenery issues.I'll try everybodys recommendations later today, I hopping that I don't need to reload FS9 (again).ThanksTom

Tom -If you are running under Win 7, regardless of where you have installed FS2004 and any utilities such as FSM, you probably are experiencing some of the Win 7 "security" issues.It might be a good idea to go through every FS utility you use (and FS2004 as well) and Right click on the exe file in question (and/or the shortcut which starts the program) and under the Compatibility tab, set the exe file to "run as adminstartor".That "should" allow the exe file in question to perform whatever changes it needs to make without "security" becoming involved.That is quite different than you just being logged on "as adminstrator".Might be worth a shot.

I forgot about fsmgr.zip. :( I apologize Tom.I'm sure Opa can help you fix it.

Ok,I ran Mr Greenwood's scenery utility and it detected 4 problems. I went in an edit the config file and reran the tool and it dected another problem. This problem was area 55 which was the Fly Tampa KBOS scenery. A review of the config file and it showed that neither Fly Tampa's Seattle or Midway scenery files were listed in the file. I removed the Boston entry and once again review the file "by hand" and discovered that another area had a mis-numbered layer. That mis-numbered layer tied back to the props section of the config file. After I made both corrections it now appears that as far as the scenery goes everthing is fine.My current problem is all of my Eaglesoft aircraft will not load or if they do load they hang and will eventually drop the sim. I'll contact their forum for advice.Again everybody, thank you for your help.Tom

I resolved my Eaglesoft issue by reloading one of their aircraft. The reloading of the C400 also "rebooted" the SR20,SR22 and the DA42. Also, it should ne noted that Eaglesoft got back to me within an hour of my post. Excellent Tech Support!I also ran FSM 2.85 to detected scenery errors and there were none, but it detect 15 Landscape errors. If I ran FSM with detect and fix landscape errors are there any addition steps that I need to take to reolve the 15 issues?Tom