Sign in to follow this  
Guest wathomas777

FS2004 and clouds problems

Hello,Some of the clouds show a drawing line (hard edge) as the pic bellow:clouds.jpgIt takes some seconds to FS finish drawing the cloud. Can it be FSUIPC ? Or the clouds FIX ?Any idea ?Thanks,Ulisses

I have neither FSUIPC or FIX, yet still have this show up in certain situtations. What kind of video card/driver are you running?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi, This happend when the visibility is reduced default or not default clouds, but I remember *some* user have the same problems with fs2002, it was related to driver/hardware. fps and fix cloudshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/30817.jpgThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

My video is ATI 9800pro, but I had this in FS2002 with a GF4ti4200.Chris, I thought this shouldn't happen in 3D clouds, since they are particles....z-drawing could be smoother....strange...Thanks for the info,Ulisses

Guest firehawk44

I had this "problem" with my GeForce FX 5900 Ultra when I reduced my 3D cloud setting under the Weather tab from 100% to 50% to experiment with various settings. Scared me! The clouds looked horrible with the edges emphasized. Moved the slider back up to 100% and the problem is gone.Jim

Guest wathomas777

It happens as the clouds move into your "visibility range. It seems to affect both 3d and "phony" clouds, though the phony clouds, it's much more evident because the "phony clouds" represent entire an entire "bank" of clouds and are usually much larger, Where as the 3d clouds are "made" of combining smaller cloud segments together to make a "larger" cloud. So in 3d Clouds you see less of it, because each section is "smaller".If you can, try moving your cloud visibility range out a bit. I have 60 mi vis and a 50 mile draw distance and see it very rarely. So if you have the horses, extend your draw distance.The "emphasized" clouds are a driver issue. I used older drivers with my MX420 and couldn't stand the "phony" clouds because they were so obvious. Now with updated drivers, I can run 30% 3d clouds and can only tell the difference between the phonies and the real ones during spot view, when I happen to just see one of the flat ones pass by. Out of the cockpit, I can't tell. Hope this helps.

Maybe using the clouds at 100% and both vis and draw distance at 60 mi should help now that I know why this happens :)Thanks,ulisses

Guest wathomas777

It may. However you best have some strong horses under the hood. I have an Athlon 2400 with an MX420 video card (yes the video card could be better) and actually had to go down to 800x600 to help. While the weather themes aren't terrible as they only usually have one or two layers, the "McKinley Tour" adventure flight is horrendus with all those mountains, and no less than four distinct cloud layers. It's pretty but I'm sure it brings even the fastest system to it's keees.