Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

PMDG 737NG - FS2004 Compatibility

Guest jase439

Thinking about picking up a copy of this. I've heard nothing but good things about this product. How well does it work FS2004? How is the performance compared to comparable products like the PSS A320, PIC, or DF737?Thanks for any info.

It's pretty heavy on the frames, but none of the products you've listed there are FS9-compatible, so I can't give you a comparison. In 2K2, the PMDG is heavier than all of those in terms of frames.The plane works in FS9, and as mentioned above there are still some issues to be worked out. PMDG seems to be working to correct those. Be advised: don't expect a fully-clickable VC. The MCP is clickable, but that's about it. I was disappointed with that. I think if you're gonna have a clickable VC, at least the MCP, lights, ignition switches, and pax signs should be clickable so that you don't have to switch to the 2D on takeoff and landing.Lots more information on what works and what doesn't over in the PMDG forum...Greghttp://members.rogers.com/gmoffatt/images/ERJ_CRT.jpg

Guest jase439

Hmmm. That's too bad about performance. The Cessna 310 and the Archer from Dreamfleet put a pretty significant drain on FS2K4. Sounds like the NG would bring my system to the ground (and I thought I had a pretty good system *lol*).Their registration policy makes me just a tad leery. I do sympathize with developers in dealing with the problems of piracy. At the same time, my experience has been that aggressive copy protection merely annoys legitimate owners of software. A pirate determined to crack software, will. At best, copy protection provides the would-be pirate with a little "kick" or "thrill" in the challenge of it. Oh well - I've been on this soapbox too many times to count ;-)P4 2.4 Ghz512MB RAMGeForce4 Ti4400 (@300/650) - nVidia 45.23 WHQLDirectX 9.0bWindowsXP Professional

Guest tascaso

Unless you have tons of horsepower forget it. My system averages 16-20 FPS with lots of weather and the Freeware Globetwotter Otter and other nicely detailed Freeware aircraft. I had the PMDG B737 in FS2002 and it performs well there...but in COF the average frames come down to 9-10 with lots of weather. I have done all of the tweaking recommended by the wonderful folks at PMDG but it will be another year or so before I upgrade to the required horsepower. My current rig scores 12000 in 3dmark 2001 se, which is good enough for all my other interests plus FS2002. Such is life and I will not be adding any complex payware aircraft to COF. My decision my $$$. Other than that the B737 is beautiful and PMDG almost have all the bugs worked out of it...!Tony

I have the PMDG 737 running on my rig with a P4 1.7ghz, GF4 4200/64 , with the new nVidia drivers 4523, with 512mb of RAM, under FS2004. I have my frames locked at 10 and that is just what I am getting with perfect smoothness. The PMDG 737NG is far more than just another panel, it has superior function to the PIC767, to give a comparison when all the remaining bugs are worked out.Right now I can't say enough good things about the aircraft and mostly the PMDG team, they are just GREAT. Right on top of customer service and support.As far as their registration process, please I hope anyone has more to do than complain, their code and they should protect it. The process is a no brainer to get done. PSS has almost the same process.Again, it does not take a super computer to run the PMDG 737. There is just too much focus on frames by folks. The real item any of us should be looking at is, does it run smooth, no screen show. My system is not state of the art any more, but runs the sim very well. I won't upgrade until Intel doubles my ghz to over 3.5 which might be late this fall or winter.In the mean time, I am one happy camper with FS9 and the PMDG 737NG. By the way the bugs that are still remaining are not show stoppers.My Two CentsBob JohnsonKDEN

I have a very similar configuration to yours, and the 737NG runs just fine on my system... really well done plane IMHO and they are still adding functionality.. run the tutorial flight and you'll be hooked!What is very nice, is that the plane flies very well by hand, as well as via FMC and autopilot.. P2 2.4, 512 Meg, ti4200 30.82, DirectX9b, WinXp Pro.

Bert

Turns my P4 2.4G 768DDR PC2700 & Radeon 9800 Pro into a nice slide show. If you like slide shows go for it ;-)

>I have my frames locked at 10 and that is just>what I am getting with perfect smoothness. "Perfect smoothness" with frames locked at 10?LOL

Guest dpc

I must agree. I get considerable stutter on the A/C. (Only this AC)They are working with me on trying to get my system to run it better. So far we are at, install it again.The one thing I want to caution. If you buy it, you own it. It is a $40 add-on plane. If it runs great on your machine, it is probably worth it. If not, you own it.My Specs:AMD Athlon 2700+Epox 8RDA+ motherboard512 PC3200 high performance RAM - dual channelRadeon 9700 Pro Audigy GamerWinXPFS2004Dave

Guest bigun

I've owned the PMDG 737NG since the day it was released. Upon initial release, it had some pretty major "glitches" which the PMDG team was very forthcoming in admitting. Since that time they have really busted their rear ends to get it up to the standards that they had with their Fly! products. There patch has resolved most of the major issues and it is a joy to fly in FS9. My frame rates are locked at 21FPS and they stay there with any plane at any location. My sliders are all maxed out with the exception of autogen scenery which I have at very dense because I don't like the look of so much "stuff" at the highest setting.I do have a very high end machine but it really flys great.George Stoddard

same here when I'm offline. Get online and it's back to 10 frames or less, till I get to FL200 and above then i get 15 to 25.

Guest bigun

dooh,I am running online with FSMeteo and also have MyTraffic 2004 installed. Still runs great. George Stoddard

Mine is running fine too in FS2004. Spot View gives me 25FPS (locked), but in any panel (2D or VC) FPS drops to around 15FPS. But then again, the update rate of the flight displays is excellent. No jerky changes, but smooth as in real life. I had never seen such a smoothness in any panel yet. Even if FPS is at 15, the plane still flies smooth and landing is no problem. I do use online actual weather.IF your system has the power, I would definately go and buy the PMDG 737!My specs:AMD XP2600+@333, Asus A7NX8 DeLuxe, 512MB PC2100, Radeon 9500 Pro.etc. etc.

Runs fine and smooth on FS2004 frames locked at 22 fps, after the patch most majors solved still a few left....Most of the time 22 fps :-) and no stutters.You can even tune the frame rate update of the MFD displays like PSS A320 also the update of the MFD displays of the VC.You can choose only 2D panel or 2D/VC or 2D/VC/Virtual CabinI fly the 2D/VC config :-)FS2002 is history for me only for a few paints... XP2600+ (Barton) / 1 gb ddr 2.5 crucial / Asus G4TI4200 128 mb fast memory 3ns / Win2K Pro SP3/ etc.... For more info go to the PMDG forum here at AVSIM...http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=136Succes with your choice...Andr

André