Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

PMDG 737NG - FS2004 Compatibility

Guest Rich

I wouldn't buy it - yet. It still has quite a few problems 1.5 months after initial release. Mine is staying in its virtual hanger for now. I guess it all depends on expectations. I don't believe in compromise for the sake of bugs though. It does have some plus points - it hand flies pretty well.Like most other products these days, it has bugs, many of them. We'll give the designers time to fix them though - we have no choice. Read the PMDG forum and digest the many 'sticky' posts on the front page.All in all I won't buy another product such as this for at least 6 months after initial release. Hopefully then it will be somewhere near complete.

Guest Toni Rauch

This is a superb product and runs very smoothly in FS2004 providing you have a reasonably 'high-end' machine.PMDG's support is second-to-none and Robert and his team are working very hard to further enhance the product and iron out the few remaining glitches, none of which are bad enough to keep the plane grounded.IMO, very well worth every penny!Toni.

I don't think you realize, FPS is how many images the eye sees per second. Locking your frame rate to a higher number only makes the PC paint more often. There are other things that will then suffer in the sim, like ground texture updates.You make think it funny drool, but I have smooth flights with the PMDG lOCKED at 10. :-)NO LOL here when the 737 turnes with no stutters out the 2D panel.Bob

Hi,for my opinion you should wait.they have nice plane / panel but lots of AUTOPILOT prolems,they are confusing in the support.they must have a bug since i see to many suggestion from them.

Guest Ray CYYZ

You might want to pop into the PMDG forum here and ask people who actually have and use the aircraft daily instead of a bunch of folks who don't for some speculation as the above poster is doing.You will also note that not only do they offer fantastic support, they also have some inroads with Microsoft since they have managed to not only make a FS9 aircraft, but also fixed issues with the non-FS9 USA version (Microsoft shipped a different version to the folks overseas then we got). Shortly the final patch for the -6/7 will be out then they will be starting work on the -8/9 advanced toys.I have a AMD 1.4 & GF3 w/512Mb ram and can deal with 1280x960 resolution and get framerates that make me able to hand fly landings in weather with all sliders Med-High or better (I like my clouds).All autopilot modes work nicely, contrary to the above poster. There are some issues with contraints in the flight plans causing the Vnav mode some grief, but this is due to a lot of misunderstanding between the differences between the Honeywell and Smiths way of running a bird for the most part.

Guest bob

HiPMDG are excellent with support and development. the post no 18 is misleading and out of touch.You would be very happy with this aircraft.Bob

Guest bigun

Great plane, great support. The plane flies very well and the Autopilot/FMC systems work fine. You have to follow the proper procedures but this plane will split the centerline on a full autoland and follows flight plans to the "T", IF, the proper procedures are followed.George Stoddard

Guest cw1011

I'm driving a 2.6 with a Radeon 9700 and getting very acceptable performance with this airplane and I use the VC most of the time. If there is a lot of weather on take-off or climb out, I'll switch over to 2D views until at altitude. The lack of fully clickable VC is a bit annoying - especially since if you put anything onto a second monitor in full screen mode, the VC gauges don't update. But all in all, a good package that will only get better as PMDG works out the bugs. I'm pretty sure your system will be just fine.

Guest cw1011

I'm driving a 2.6 with a Radeon 9700 and getting very acceptable performance with this airplane and I use the VC most of the time. If there is a lot of weather on take-off or climb out, I'll switch over to 2D views until at altitude. The lack of fully clickable VC is a bit annoying - especially since if you put anything onto a second monitor in full screen mode, the VC gauges don't update. But all in all, a good package that will only get better as PMDG works out the bugs. I'm pretty sure your system will be just fine.

Guest tascaso

I saw this post very late in the game....not even close to PIC767. Do not get me wrong I love both products...PIC767 is something very special indeed even after being out for many moons.Tony