Sign in to follow this  
Guest jez

Jetstream 41

Guest jez

I all, I'm not sure if this has been discussed already (volume has but not remedies), so be gentle if it has. I understand that the J41 has realistic sound however, the volume within the cockpit drowns out my ATC. The engine volume can be changed in FSX to an acceptable level but the switches and voice calls remain high and I'm being deafened and it's waking my 2 year old which is much, much worse! Is there anyway I can reduce the sound of the switches and calls?Many thanks in advance. Jez Smith.

You can move all sliders except for VOICE to 15%, and here's the "hard way" tutorial. I got used to those noisy engines, after all, we want it realistic to the core, don't we?

jez,I DID it the "hard" way several months ago. Made all the difference in the world.Tom

This is being fixed for SP2 by the way guys, the sounds are all being reduced.
Is this is where we're supposed to complain that SP2 make the bird unrealistic by having the volume be too low? :( It is louder than every other bird, but I simply turn the speakers/volume down. One other suggestion for the OP: if you have a USB headset (with mike), the ATC, but not the other sounds will go to the headset, so you can turn the other sounds as far down as you like, to balance it against the ATC. (And, no, I don't wear a headset while flying, but I too have a young child and sometimes use headphones to avoid waking her up, and discovered this by accident when my headphone ran out of juice.)

Loud engines are realistic, but not hearing ATC isn't ;) I don't think that there will be any complains.