Sign in to follow this  
Guest SgtOgre

Downloading Slow

Guest SgtOgre

Over the last weeks I have been unable to download anything. I go to the download page and everything appears normal yet the progress bar moves to about halfway and stop. I am using the latest version of Windows Explorer and have not changed any of my settings. I never had any problems in the past. Any suggestions?

Over the last weeks I have been unable to download anything. I go to the download page and everything appears normal yet the progress bar moves to about halfway and stop. I am using the latest version of Windows Explorer and have not changed any of my settings. I never had any problems in the past. Any suggestions?
Library is working fine, no technical problems. We haven't changed anything over last couple of weeks. I've tested downloading in detail and all is well. Its working fine for other users too.All I can suggest is that something on your end could have changed or generally be the cause of the issue you are facing.Check the settings on any Internet security software you may have - sometimes overzealous Internet security programs can cause these types of difficulties, they may be blocking downloads from or access to AVSIM. If you updated any of them or installed a new one that could be the cause. AVG and similar programs sometimes tend to cause problems like these.Internet Explorer usually works fine with the AVSIM Library most of the time..... Keep in mind that Windows Update can change things without your permission or knowledge, if it updated recently this may be the reason why you are having difficulties. You can try Firefox: http://mozilla.com/products/firefox - if its something in your Internet Explorer then using Firefox will solve your problems.Also please be aware that at the present time we do not support Download Managers. If you are using a download manager, switch it off and try again. I have found out that the Free Download Manager tends to work fine with the AVSIM Library, its what I use - http://www.freedownloadmanager.org . Use of other Download Managers will cause you problems with downloading from our current system.You can try this as well:You need to put www.avsim.com, www.avsim.net, library.avsim.net and forums1.avsim.net in your trusted sites list. You do this by clicking on TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, SECURITY tab, and then highlite TRUSTED SITES, and click on SITES. UNCHECK the box that requires SERVER VERIFICATION (HTTPS) and add the Avsim URL addresses.

Regards,

Momtchil Posted Image

Posted Image