Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

Guest acezboy561

Hi Level D,Can you give a rough idea on where the 757 is? The 757 isn't a must have for me or I would of gone for the CS 757 or qw 757, but im going for yours.Any update at all, even "its coming" will do :(

Haven't heard of it for a while. Level-D still has no detail on the updates either, could have been canceled.

Ya I have been over to the QW website several times, I have been holding out but its getting harder to resist, with no updates or news at all tells me they are along way off from finishing things.

LOL -"could have been cancelled" from the guy with the CS banner...The 757 is coming. Unlike cynical and opportunist developers who rush to market with half-finished, half-modelled products (hoping to capitalize on the dearth of 757's in the market), Level-D takes it time to capture the full breadth of the aircraft. Yes, quality takes time.

• Upvote 4

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

I'm glad my faith hasn't been misplaced.I am and was pretty sure you folks would deliver th

LOL -"could have been cancelled" from the guy with the CS banner...The 757 is coming. Unlike cynical and opportunist developers who rush to market with half-finished, half-modelled products (hoping to capitalize on the dearth of 757's in the market), Level-D takes it time to capture the full breadth of the aircraft. Yes, quality takes time.
That's great,glad to see it's still on the way,It would be nice to see a few updates or screens of work in progress shots though.Cheers!!

Guest jeffg

I am sure that when it comes out it will be great as the 757 was said to be Landing Soon in the Level-D November 2005 Operations Manual and Guide. JeffG

I am sure that when it comes out it will be great as the 757 was said to be Landing Soon in the Level-D November 2005 Operations Manual and Guide. JeffG
LOL, a similar thought went through my mind when reading that post. Certainly no one will accuse LevelD of "rushing" the 757 to market :( There can be little doubt however that it will be a worthy addition when it does arrive.
  • Upvote 1

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

HelloIt would be nice to get this one out while there are still some in service

I went ahead and got the QW 757, Now that they have worked out most of the bug. Its an ok product! Great sounds, Exterior model is the best. VC is very nice. But as we all know. Systems are very limited. And thats why we are all waiting on the 757.I have loved the LVL 767 for years, I still love it to death. But im growing more and more ###### of at LVL D for there lack of anything to do with the project. I understand some of the reasons to keep it on the down low but come on? gives us a round about time we can expect to see it. or something.If it does ever show up. YES im going to buy it. And YES im going to fly the thing until the wings fall off! I just want to know what year its comming out. I mean. We only have like a year and a half left until its over right? lol.You reply to this post with any negative or "Another person asking when when when " subjects, You wont get a reply from me, I dont have time for ya.YC Waiting

Hi Daryl,With all due respect, if I'm not mistaken, Level-D announced the 75' in 2005 or so. I fully understand quality takes time, but even a company like PMDG (making equally high-end FS aircraft) doesn't take 5 years or more on the development of an aircraft. It's not even the loooooooooooong development time LDS needs (hey if you need it, by all means take it!), but more the total complete lack of communication, giving us customers not a single clue if we can expect it this year, next year, 2012 or even beyond that.I know developers hate to give dates because we, the anxious customers, will start to shout if they're 1 minute past that date. But PLEASE give us some rough update on where you are with the project. Not asking for a timescale, just hoping to hear what's still left to develop or so...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Unlike other development teams, Level-D Simulations is a seriously PART-TIME concern. Wade, Laurent and Pedro (the principal developers) have growing families and full-time jobs outside of the FS world.Family and work come first. Let me explain WHAT has happened...When the 757 project was announced in 2005, FSX was not yet released. When FSX was released, the 757 was put on hold and the 767 for FS9 was sent into development for upgrade to FSX. 3 updates (and a small EHSI patch) for the 767 for FSX were delievered. The price to upgrade from the FS9 version was just $14.95.Once Wade and Laurent and Pedro got their mits on FSX, they realized that going back to FS9 and the 757 would have to wait. Of course, ACES shut down, and now FSX is the final version of the FS franchise (at least for now). With no version of FS on the horizon, what's the hurry? ;)The team are working on the 757, but no dates or progress reports are forthcoming until Wade, Laurent or Pedro say so.Rest assured, a 757 from Level-D Simulations will fly.

• Upvote 5

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

.........Let me explain WHAT has happened..........
Thank you very much for giving us this insight in the background.I appreciate the effort that is being put into this project. I didn't realize that LDS isn't a full-time development group.I'll sure wait patiently and as soon as the 757 is released, I'll be among the first to buy it :-)

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Thank you very much for giving us this insight in the background.I appreciate the effort that is being put into this project. I didn't realize that LDS isn't a full-time development group.I'll sure wait patiently and as soon as the 757 is released, I'll be among the first to buy it :-)
Me too.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hi guysJust to add a little humour, I wonder if Michelangelo ever gave dates for when the Sistine Chapel ceiling was going to be completed, and at the other end of the scale my Spaghetti bolognese will not be ready until it tastes right. So somewhere in the middle I am happy to wait till Level D say their product is right. I have the 767 so know the 757 will be a good one when it comes out.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg