Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

I lauhed out loud after reading this.But to be fair, there are a few developers who seem to be in the running for that one. Radar Contact and their version 5 has been promised for about a year, PMDGS 737 NGX has been promised for more like two (or even more) years.It seems like the only guys who seem to consistantly update their products are HiFi with Active Sky (seem to update it with new versions or SPs two times a year), and REX who have just released another massive update with Overdrive.It just seems that due to the size of the market, that the developers all have day jobs, and the work involved to keep pace with the progress that has been made in addons, making things for FSX is really really hard.
Scott, IMO you are comparing apples to oranges.I own each product you mentioned (except the NG) not to take away from the dev's of HiFi and REx, which are both superb products, I would imagine that developing and delivering an aircraft of exceptional quality does not happen overnight. Can't really speak for RC because I have not used it for a long time. And it is unfair to say that the folks at REx and HiFi provide regular updates as they provide a reasonably sound product that is RTM ready based on their own beta's and there is enough room for improvement while their product is being used (tested if you will) by simmers that are ready and willing to buy the next best thing.Tim and Jim both provide superb customer support and they have been tested based on what I have read in the forums but IMO they are not faced with the same challenges that aircraft dev's encounter, nor are the simmers that purchase the aircraft as forgiving as the users when they cannot fly their newly downloaded aircraft.If an advanced aircraft is released with issues related to systems, avionics etc that induce CTD's or lock up's would the effects be tolerated by the same simmers that purchase the addons mentioned above? Probably not.And for that matter how many times have you read "Is there a release date for the new _______________ (Insert aircraft name here) I've been waiting too long, I have to have it...NOW!!"I think the dev's, especially aircraft dev's need to be given some slack.

\Robert Hamlich/

Your point is very true, and I wasnt neccesarily trying to point the finger at PMDG or JD at Radar Contact because their new products are not out yet. I was just making a reference to the GT5 comment, as due to the nature of how addons for FSX are developed, and how incredibly complex these add on aircraft has become, we have quite a few which have been announced, that we know are being developed for over a year, but are yet to be released, though it seems a few of them may be coming out soon.I didnt even mention aerosofts Airbus, which I think should prove a lesson to the other devs out there. Wait until the plane is ready. I have been waiting years for the NGX and RC v5, I can wait some more.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Hiya DShutt,That picture is two and a half years old. The lower eicas shows a programmed SID, meaning the development was at an advanced stage, yet all this time later; nothing further.Can you confirm the screenshot is of an actual upcoming LDS product??
"Its better for a man to remain silent, and appear a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt..."You have spoken.
All the hullabaloo aside, the 757 is really late, late, late off the mark.
Based on what timetable?

As far as I know, GT5 is in fact on the shelves. B)
Prologue is, but not the full game.Nov. 2! :( :( :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I kinda like the idea that seems to be going around that the development team at LevelD is working their butts off to get the best product on the market as soon as its possible.5 years of working my butt off would leave me - well, without a butt. I wonder how long iFLY took to get from the idea to the release of their 737. Whilst I wouldnt presume to compare products or developers or their individual policies, I somehow doubt it took iFLY 5 years, and it appeared on "nerd radar" (honestly, no offence meant but you know who I mean) about a month before release and took everybody by surprise.Just like the mythical Radar Contact 5, worrying about the release date of a LevelD 757 seems like a big waste of time, even more so given the "We know best" attitude that has always reigned at the LevelD forum. Why worry, why speculate? Why not enjoy all the other great products available that still give so many of us hours of pleasure.

Northridge, or whatever your real name is, don't criticise people you can't beat. It has been said time and time again, they do it in their spare time.If you can better that, go ahead and do it eh?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I kinda like the idea that seems to be going around that the development team at LevelD is working their butts off to get the best product on the market as soon as its possible.5 years of working my butt off would leave me - well, without a butt. I wonder how long iFLY took to get from the idea to the release of their 737. Whilst I wouldnt presume to compare products or developers or their individual policies, I somehow doubt it took iFLY 5 years, and it appeared on "nerd radar" (honestly, no offence meant but you know who I mean) about a month before release and took everybody by surprise.Just like the mythical Radar Contact 5, worrying about the release date of a LevelD 757 seems like a big waste of time, even more so given the "We know best" attitude that has always reigned at the LevelD forum. Why worry, why speculate? Why not enjoy all the other great products available that still give so many of us hours of pleasure.
Radar Contact 5 is more like waiting for the PMDG 737 NGX. It has been announced, we all know is coming, even have some screenshot to prove development is in the works. It just is taking a long long time to come out, and each has their own different reasons for this being the case.The iFly is sort of like how the PMDG JS41 came about. All of a sudden we get a glimpse of it in a video, and we get this new plane to fly in short order.The Level D 757, anything said about it is just a guess. Nothing is known about it, no screenshots, no updates, no mention of it on the website, nada. Could be close to being finished, could be close to beta, could be close to release, could also have been shelved.

G7USL, or whatever ......... The only open criticism of LevelD that was intentional in my post is with regard to the snooty attitude over at their forums.If you want you could re-read my post and see that I was actually criticizing::1) potential 757 customers for being impatient, as in "Come on, youve waited all this time, waiting a bit longer wont kill you, since you know its going to be worth it".2) the a really excited user trying to sell us the idea that the LevelD team were actually working day and night for five years without paying jobs, wife and children, sleeping, etc.Oh all right - you can have this too: Announcing a future product and after 5 years STILL refusing to release any details, well that I think is wrong.Nobody would care if LevelD said "Look, this has to be the best thing ever released, and its going to take another year". Nobody would criticize and everybody would leave them alone. So yes, you were right all along: I was criticizing LevelD after all, and it all comes back to the "We know best" attitude that I have always sensed from them. "Dont bother us with your silly enquiries, we will tell you what we think you need to know when we are good and ready." But really, all of our (yours and mine) hot air is irrelevant. Its a given that the 757 if released will sell bundles - and even more if there is an FS9 version - and everybody will love it.

All of this negative talk could have been avoided, if we would have let the PIC767 team shut down this forum like they wanted to,when the official Level-D forum was introduced.We asked them not to and they did not.This topic was asked and replied.The team like the rest of us have a life away from the FS.For those of you that are not aware it was the original PIC767 that started all of this great payware that we love.Then the came out with the Level-D.Two great products from the developers.We should enjoy what we have and move on.Nebojsa

but there has been an update posted on the 757 post. seems like a lot of you haven't read it.http://leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=16557&title=the-757-post

Yes i am aware of that post,and clearly says.There will be no further announcements about its development until such time as the developers choose to post information about the 757 for FSX. Nebojsa

I know you developed the 767 5 years ago and that was a great product. Best Regards,
Yes and you didn't even know that was being developed so, how about you cutting them some slack eh? Everything comes to he who waits.

Dave Taylor gb.png

LevelD has a great and wonderful 767-300ER which after all this time is still one of the greatest FS releases of all time.There is no LevelD 757--move along, nothing to see here.

Jim Atkins

Who gets hurt by this? No one really (well except for maybe LevelDs reputation). Its not like they took pre-orders, charged your credit cards, and then have sat on the cash while they waddle around for five years not releasing a plane. They said they are part time, they are working on it, if you want to buy it when it comes out, buy it.