Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

It has no roll out function that I have ever seen.
Was it an autoland or not? That was your statement! I reckon your just a 'wind up' mate! :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

The rollout function is an integral part of an autoland, I have been around these forums since 2000, and have owned all Level D A/C since release. I have also held an FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate since 1988, with Boeing experience, So don't call me a windup.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I am so dense that I was able to show you a link to Tero Partenen's autoland video. It was you sir that originally stated that it doesen't do a correct autoland, and please refrain from insulting me?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yes I made that regrettable statement,and edited my post accordingly(don't like being called a windup), But my statement stands,as the video shows for itself,that there is no roll-out function. I will also restate that the auto-flight roll function is not smooth,as has been my experience with these a/c installed over 5 computers that I have built myself.I am still happy about the money I have spent with Level-D,and have thousands of hours on this a/c.Lets just leave it at that :(

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Lauri,Clean sheet? I doubt that the PMDG team threw out all the code from the NG - even if it was a FS9 version - and started from scratch. But, hey, maybe they did ;-)The LDS 757 is not an upgrade from the 767. But, it's certainly not a clean sheet. It shares some functionality with the current 767, but it is a brand new model with new panels and features and stuff. Is that vague enough for you? :(
Yes, the PMDG 737NG is a complete rebuild from scratch.

Having just read the first page of this thread I couldnt help but wondering whether this place is an unofficial, semi-official or official forum for the Level D 757.Looking carefully at the four posts from D SHutt in this thread, they read awfully like official statements: an example is where he writes "The 757 is coming" and in another reply he writes "Let me explain WHAT has happened" and goes on to explain the inner workings of the Level D team, which is not usually the kind of information bandied about by just anybody, anywhere.Ah - but reading on I see that, perhaps realizing his error in revealing privileged Level D information in such an unholy place as this, the openly-declared Level D and PIC 767 Unofficial Forum, Mr Shutt reverts to form and invites posters to join the official Level D forum and place further questions there.Its all clear now.

No offence to Level D, their 767 in all respect is one of the best addons for flight simulator ever created.But I couldn't help but notice that it's taking them longer to ceate a 757 simulation for a PC based simulator, than what it took Boeing to design and actually make the real aircraft! :Thinking:If correct, Boeing studied two variants, the 7N7-100/200 in 1978, but then got renamed the 757 in 1979 - and it's first flight was on the February 19th, 1982 and introduction was on the January 1st 1983. So from 1978 to 1983 is 5 years. Same amount of time LVLD has taken so far. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_757)

I think it's crazy how developers get all upset when people get on them about updates and release dates. If you do not want people to get all excited about your product and start asking 10000 questions then just dont announce it!! Just release it when you are done...here ya go...suprise! The devs should be jumping up and down when they get this reaction because it means people want your product. When I come to these forums and see how the devs react to the questions it makes me want to spend my money some other place.

If someone told me that on May 6th 2011 you would still not have a level d 757 or a pmdg 737 ngx in the hanger I would have said your crazy!!!!!

Daryl, it's been almost a year since you made an official announcement- that announcement being pretty redundant. I think that maybe you should hire a PR guy. A PR foundation is important in keeping the interest of customers. Keeping us in the dark is NOT how you run a company. You want to get tons of people interested in your product, you talk about it! Now, I realize that you are not able to hire such a person, but you - or someone else - need to take this role. Just tell us what development phase your in, post an exterior or virtual cockpit pic...anything! You come in here making it seem as if one line of code is written a day. And I know you don't mean this, and I know we don't pay you...but we're your customers. And with the FS market wanting to be treated like any other market, we want some info. Sorry...that's just how you run a business in my opinion (unless you were a prestigious law firm).

Thanks for the suggestion.Unless there is something to report, there is nothing to report.http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=16557&title=the-757-post

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Thanks for the suggestion.Unless there is something to report, there is nothing to report.http://www.leveldsim...le=the-757-post
Thank you, I realize I came off a bit tough. But I just think a development phase update every three months wouldn't be too much to ask- even if that is no progress.

Daryl, it's been almost a year since you made an official announcement- that announcement being pretty redundant. I think that maybe you should hire a PR guy. A PR foundation is important in keeping the interest of customers. Keeping us in the dark is NOT how you run a company. You want to get tons of people interested in your product, you talk about it! Now, I realize that you are not able to hire such a person, but you - or someone else - need to take this role. Just tell us what development phase your in, post an exterior or virtual cockpit pic...anything! You come in here making it seem as if one line of code is written a day. And I know you don't mean this, and I know we don't pay you...but we're your customers. And with the FS market wanting to be treated like any other market, we want some info. Sorry...that's just how you run a business in my opinion (unless you were a prestigious law firm).
I too partially agree with this statement. I am a software developer and in my opinion it is crucial to liaise or provide development updates for a potential customer's satisfaction. As you are aware there are several competitive simming companies, such as yourselves, like CS and QW who want to come out on top to develop the perfect sim add-on. With recent development updates it reassures and reinforces the notion to potential customers that this product IS worth waiting for and development is still on-going. With yourselves however, without this information users have nothing to go by, there's nothing to enforce that this product is in ACTIVE development or how detailed the product is/will be. Users would therefore opt to purchase competitive products such as CS and QW, thus resulting in a loss of a potential customer.One screenshot, and an "update" dated 10 Aug 2010, is NOT a recent update. This may all seem a little harsh, I know. I fully understand that development is constructed around real life issues, work, families, etc... But if work-load is taking a strain perhaps increasing your man power would help? As I mentioned above I am a software developer (C#, C, C++), perhaps I can offer my services to help things move a long a bit?RegardsCraig Phillips

I think they cancelled the development after they saw the Abacus 787. Because no addon will ever come close to this masterpiece.:(LOL.gif