Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

interesting fact, did you know way back when they announced the 757 there was no such thing as an iphone :)

I think the issue is that users will have particular aircraft types they want to fly on FSX, and when a developer announces one they pin all their hopes on it and hence become quite emotionally attached. All things considered, it is probably best to consider it dead in the water and pleasantly surprised if a nice 757 is released by anyone (I don't count the QW or CS as being nice enough for me).

For the benefit of those that don't check LDS's own forums, there is a nice post here from DShutt:

We appreciate - we meaning Wade, Laurent, Pedro, Andre, Missi, Gary and me - that members would like a well-worded comprehensive update about the status of the 757 project. We would LOVE to provide you with one.

Unfortunately, when there is nothing to report, we don't release well-worded comprehensive updates that say nothing.

I feel that I have written this information many times, but here it goes again:

Unlike other flight sim companies, Level-D Simulations is a PART-TIME concern. Part-time meaning "when there is time."

This means that the 757 project has remained in limbo/stasis/permanent part-time-itis. Work gets started and moving forward, and then full-time real-life concerns intervene, and the project gets put on the back-burner. I do my best to try to coordinate the team to focus on the project, but, hey, sometimes life has other plans.

It's really not the end of the world, is it? The project is ongoing. It isn't dead (as far as I know).

When there is something to post, I will post it. As it stands right now, there is NOTHING to report.

I recognize that this answer may not please, but that's something I cannot control. We have not taken pre-orders or taken any money for the 757. We have only announced that the 757 is coming... and nothing has changed since that announcement was made back in 2006. ;-)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

LOL -"could have been cancelled" from the guy with the CS banner...The 757 is coming. Unlike cynical and opportunist developers who rush to market with half-finished, half-modelled products (hoping to capitalize on the dearth of 757's in the market), Level-D takes it time to capture the full breadth of the aircraft. Yes, quality takes time.

LOL, thats understatement.....takes time, still lol no malice intented

LOL -"could have been cancelled" from the guy with the CS banner...The 757 is coming. Unlike cynical and opportunist developers who rush to market with half-finished, half-modelled products (hoping to capitalize on the dearth of 757's in the market), Level-D takes it time to capture the full breadth of the aircraft. Yes, quality takes time.

That said,I would really love to see a serious update for the amazing 767 which has some glitches, and also nice to have features and additions to be added to the ND's and all.

Communication is cruicial.

That said, and out of experience with other addons, the 767 flies beautifully and is faithful to the real 767 in terms of performance.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Quality wings hinted they would make an advanced version of their 757, and I'm sure that would be finished much sooner then Level-d.

• Upvote 2

I hope QW will do that, then there would be no need to dream about getting Level D 757 out some day. I think it's pretty clear it will never be released, even if the developer has very little time to work on it I fail to see how it could really take this many years.

• Upvote 1

The Level-D 757 is like *******! Everybody says is coming soon, but no one knows when or if he will ever come!!  :lol:

• Upvote 2

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

The Level-D 757 is like *******! Everybody says is coming soon, but no one knows when or if he will ever come!!  :lol:

Freakin hilarious, lol 

I'm actually very excited about the project. I can't wait for the airplane. It's going to be amazing with the 7 year old design practices and graphics! I am truly ready for this to arrive in my hangar. Just think of the optimization that will have taken place with the systems. I mean lets be real. Even if this thing sees the light of day, I'm not gonna pay as much as I did for the 767. Even if the systems are flawless, I don't pay good money to have an aircraft that looks like it was made for fs2002.

Matt

• Upvote 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

This is the thing:  even *if* this ever appears its sadly extended dev time will mean it's hopelessly outdated form the get-go.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

Maybe this is like Avatar.  LDS WANT to do a 757, but waiting for the technology to catch up soon.

We MAY see previews in 2030..

Cant wait for the PMDG 777 and Majestic Dash 8 :-)

hehe

I wonder if you could enlighten me on their "hint".  This would be a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks.

Dan Cole

Quality wings hinted they would make an advanced version of their 757, and I'm sure that would be finished much sooner then Level-d.

Dan Cole