Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

How exactly can you tell that its the 757 cockpit when its almost identical to the 767?

On the 767, right in the area where the left isolation valve would be, the "schematic lines" are different. 

767: z8LC40t.jpg

757: eianNTP.jpg

• Upvote 1

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

On the 767, right in the area where the left isolation valve would be, the "schematic lines" are different. 

767:

757:

That's mainly because the 757 only has one Isolation valve switch, the 767 has 3!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That's mainly because the 757 only has one Isolation valve switch, the 767 has 3!

Yup, You can see that in his signature.

BetaTeamD.png

The other main difference between the 757/767 overheads is the hydraulic switches. The 757's are all buttons, where the 767 uses knobs for it's demand pumps.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Unlike other development teams, Level-D Simulations is a seriously PART-TIME concern. Wade, Laurent and Pedro (the principal developers) have growing families and full-time jobs outside of the FS world.Family and work come first. Let me explain WHAT has happened...When the 757 project was announced in 2005, FSX was not yet released. When FSX was released, the 757 was put on hold and the 767 for FS9 was sent into development for upgrade to FSX. 3 updates (and a small EHSI patch) for the 767 for FSX were delievered. The price to upgrade from the FS9 version was just $14.95.Once Wade and Laurent and Pedro got their mits on FSX, they realized that going back to FS9 and the 757 would have to wait. Of course, ACES shut down, and now FSX is the final version of the FS franchise (at least for now). With no version of FS on the horizon, what's the hurry? ;)The team are working on the 757, but no dates or progress reports are forthcoming until Wade, Laurent or Pedro say so.Rest assured, a 757 from Level-D Simulations will fly.

Do you think the "hurry" may be P3D?  If they continue successfully developing P3D, as they are now, and PMDG steps into the P3D arena, which they may soon do, FSX will become obsolete.

If, by chance, they bring P3D up to 64bit, that will be the death nail for FSX and Level D will again, have to switch directions completely, prolonging the release of the 757 for several more years.

Hi

it s folks like those at Level D who kept me in the FS world.

thanks Dshutt  for the years of joy with the 767. You ve been a great supporter

Level D means trust

nhssaini

Va-USA

• Upvote 1

You know whats going to happen is they're going to release the 757 and 767 concurrently. That is what has been taking so long. Just watch. 

You know whats going to happen is they're going to release the 757 and 767 concurrently. That is what has been taking so long. Just watch. 

And the 787?

It's funny, people loved the 767 so much they'll cling to any straw, no matter how small.

There is a mathematical construct called Zeno's paradox the general principle is that all motion is illusionary because it is impossible to transition an infinite, it applies so well to this aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley

All I know is, if I were Mr. Shutt I would never continue to work or volunteer for a company with this kind of record and stain. I just can't for the life of me understand why he remains, and takes the brunt of all the problems. I actually feel for the guy because its like he is a slave to some "blood" contract that he is bound to forever.

Business partner or not, brother in law or not, even if it were my company, I would have closed shop or been gone so long ago and told Wade (while I was laughing at him) and anybody else in Level D to have fun responding to all the forums. I would much rather count dust or grains of sand than to be associated at all with the Level D company as it is now.   

All I know is, if I were Mr. Shutt I would never continue to work or volunteer for a company with this kind of record and stain. I just can't for the life of me understand why he remains, and takes the brunt of all the problems. I actually feel for the guy because its like he is a slave to some "blood" contract that he is bound to forever.

Business partner or not, brother in law or not, even if it were my company, I would have closed shop or been gone so long ago and told Wade (while I was laughing at him) and anybody else in Level D to have fun responding to all the forums. I would much rather count dust or grains of sand than to be associated at all with the Level D company as it is now.   

1. Mr. Shuttleworth actually shows his determination to finish this product. Because regardless of the fact that he and probably 110% of the LDS devs don't work on the plane every day, he persists to tell us that it is coming, (According to a post on May the 15th on the LD forums)  despite a long 8+ years of development. 

2. Record and stain?? you mean being the makers of one of the FS community's most well known airplane? 

3. I think you're confusing them with captain si-.... uhh..nevermind

4. Is there a reason why you're on a dislike/disagree spree? I'm curious. 

BetaTeamD.png

4. Is there a reason why you're on a dislike/disagree spree? I'm curious. 

ohh, he doesn't like my 787 idea  :unsure:  :lol: