Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

Ohh please, stop giving the man wrong ideas :(
Worry not, that's the only answer I knew Daryl would give :( He and I are from the same mould. LOL.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

Another fix for that was posted in the member section the other day. Requires registered FSUIPC but does work.
I have got this version to work all but two times so far, and still may be the easiest form of a workaround. I remember finding a way to get the engines to start up on first go but it required a few steps and I forgot to write down the changes I made to get it to work. After an FSX re-install I lost those changes and never bothered really to figure it out again. But I do appreciate that simmer for finding a way to get this workaround in a package that is simple to install and use. Can't complain about automatic. Slap on UIAutomationcore.dll fix, the HIGHMEMFIX, and now only once in a blue moon will the LD 767 CTD on me and works as it should.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Guest danc444

Food for thought:While we all understand that the LevelD folks are part time people whose main focus is on their real jobs and families, and that explains the extraordinary time this product is taking to get to market, I think there's another reason at work as well.Without question the 2 best developers at this craft (flight simulator add-onns) are Level D and PMDG. With all the teasing and hoopla surrounding the soon to be released 737NG series for FSX from PMDG, is it possible that the Level D folks are hesitant to go much furthur with their development until they see what all the bells and whistles PMDG promises and eventually delivers are?As these two are rivals for top dog in this field, it seems prudent to wait until you see what the competition is delivering before putting out a lesser product.IMHO, LevelD is taking their time to make certain they've got everything possible that their friends at PMDG will deliver and then add some more goodies. What think? DAN COLE

Interesting, but nope.Believe what you want - but the fact is full-time/part-time/anytime it takes to make these aircraft is staggering.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Food for thought:While we all understand that the LevelD folks are part time people whose main focus is on their real jobs and families, and that explains the extraordinary time this product is taking to get to market, I think there's another reason at work as well.Without question the 2 best developers at this craft (flight simulator add-onns) are Level D and PMDG. With all the teasing and hoopla surrounding the soon to be released 737NG series for FSX from PMDG, is it possible that the Level D folks are hesitant to go much furthur with their development until they see what all the bells and whistles PMDG promises and eventually delivers are?As these two are rivals for top dog in this field, it seems prudent to wait until you see what the competition is delivering before putting out a lesser product.IMHO, LevelD is taking their time to make certain they've got everything possible that their friends at PMDG will deliver and then add some more goodies. What think? DAN COLE
I don't think its fair to compare Level D with PMDG. PMDG are truly in a league of their own. The systems, and their complexity, in the MD11, with the visuals of the JS41. Nobody really comes close to that. I enjoy Level Ds 767 a great deal, but it is not on the same level as a PMDG product.And as it has been pointed out so often, Level D is part time, PMDG is not.And I also hope that nobody tries to do what PMDG has done with their NGX hype. I think it is safe to say that it has not gone as smoothly as they had planned, and I am sure will not try that again.

> hope that nobody tries to do what PMDG has done with their NGX hypeDamned if you announce and damned if you don't.
You can't please them all Daryl but some 'get-off' on the wind up. I often wonder if they actually do any flying at all??

Dave Taylor gb.png

I don't think its fair to compare Level D with PMDG. PMDG are truly in a league of their own. The systems, and their complexity, in the MD11, with the visuals of the JS41. Nobody really comes close to that. I enjoy Level Ds 767 a great deal, but it is not on the same level as a PMDG product.And as it has been pointed out so often, Level D is part time, PMDG is not.And I also hope that nobody tries to do what PMDG has done with their NGX hype. I think it is safe to say that it has not gone as smoothly as they had planned, and I am sure will not try that again.
Oh my...The PIC 767 for FS2000 already had IRS, Fully functional FMC, a perfect custom AP, before other teams could dream of modeling that in an addon, including PMDG. And they went even further on the FS2004's Level D 767. You don´t get to say to this team that it´s not fair to compare them to any other FS team... It´s still to me the benchmark in System modeling, AP Modeling, FMC modeling, and specially FDE modeling, I have yet to find an addon that flies as good as the Level D 767. Yes, Their visual stuff is outdated, it´s been a long time since these guys did a product from the beginning. PMDG has certainly mastered this area, but I believe the upcoming 757 will, with FSX technology, make another benchmark for the hardcore fans.

Alexis Mefano

Having been an avid Level-D for a few years... I'm throughly convinced that the 757 will be released in 2012.It's quite simple really. The end of the world is supposed to happen next year. Level-D will release the 757 and with the shear number of people running to buy it, it will break the internet, resulting in the end of life as we know it.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

> hope that nobody tries to do what PMDG has done with their NGX hypeDamned if you announce and damned if you don't.
To be honest, I think you guys are having a much easier time with the pre 757 "frenzy", not really sure what to call it. The NGX stuff just gets very nasty. There is the issue of "future" customers feeling entitled, showing them pictures and videos seemingly has only made them in the PMDG forum feel more so.

You don´t get to say to this team that it´s not fair to compare them to any other FS team.
I agree that the LDS 767 is one of the best (if not the best) aircraft to fly in FSX. It is probably either my number 1 or number 2 most flown aircraft in FSX, however to say that the 767 is the benchmark in systems modeling is just not accurate. It was once, but now newer things have come and surpass it. It, like you said, does show its age in the VC, but it still does the job, and is fine by me.I just point out that in my opinion, PMDG has put out some of the most advaned add on planes lately, and with the JS41, they took a giant step forward in terms of visuals. I am not saying that LDS wont be able to meet or exceed these things, but I think it terribly unfair to say that they must in order for any future product of theirs to be considered a success, since as it has been pointed out many a time, LDS is a part time outfit, while PMDG is anything but.

Guest danc444

So if some of you are saying that Level D is not trying to compete at the PMDG level (implied is that the 757 will be a lesser product), then I would hope we can expect that to be reflected in their pricing eventually, right?DAN COLE

While the Level D is a great airplane,And I have gotten my moneys worth 100 times over, It is not without it's issues. The auto flight roll maneuvering in anything but smooth, and it cannot perform a correct auto land.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

, and it cannot perform a correct auto land.
Oh, so you think so eh?http://teropa.kapsi.fi/LDS/Autoland_narrated.wmv 'Tero' must have the editing skills of an genius eh?I think Mr. Bigsky that it's something you haven't quite learnt yet!

Dave Taylor gb.png

It has no roll out function that I have ever seen.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”