Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

What makes you think he's 'pulling our leg'?

Because it has been 7 years since they announced it, in that time only one screenshot of the panel.

So.....if I'm understanding you correctly, you're assuming that because we've only seen one screenshot in "7 years", it means they're not working on it, or they've abandoned the project, or that Daryl's outright lying to us when he says "the 757 is coming".

I just don't get that correlation at all.

The really sad part for me is that I dont even really care about the 757, would rather see an updated 767-400.

So.....if I'm understanding you correctly, you're assuming that because we've only seen one screenshot in "7 years", it means they're not working on it, or they've abandoned the project, or that Daryl's outright lying to us when he says "the 757 is coming".

I just don't get that correlation at all.

Hello

I have not seen my cat in seven years, I think it is safe to assume he is not coming home

Perhaps your feline has gone to the alternate? Most of them are not qualified for Cat III approaches.

Al

Perhaps your feline has gone to the alternate? Most of them are not qualified for Cat III approaches.

Al

Cat III haha :)

I always thought they weren't satisfied for Cat I/II/III approaches cause of dogs at the OM?

Lee

Talk about a thread degenerating through lack of useful facts...

Talk about a thread degenerating through lack of useful facts...

The 757 is coming.

I'm curious. What other facts do you need? Daryl has said it all right there. And he's under absolutely no obligation to say anything else.

I don't see any problem here, other than a lot of people exhibiting a ridiculous sense of entitlement and throwing out logical fallacies.

I don't see any problem here, other than a lot of people exhibiting a ridiculous sense of entitlement and throwing out logical fallacies.

LOL...carry on.

I doubt that meme was used correctly...

I found it on a different forum, but I'm not sure which one anymore. It's a few years old actually...

I was REALLY looking fwd to this, but as I fly for BAVirtual, they have retired the B757 fleet to emulate real life, so I wont be buying it.

Its taking that long, that when it comes out (if ever), that NO airline still operate it.

Eddie

when it comes out (if ever), that NO airline still operate it.

Well doesn't that sum it all up...concur: now looking for the PMDG 777...at least that we know is coming soon.

I think the issue is that users will have particular aircraft types they want to fly on FSX, and when a developer announces one they pin all their hopes on it and hence become quite emotionally attached. All things considered, it is probably best to consider it dead in the water and pleasantly surprised if a nice 757 is released by anyone (I don't count the QW or CS as being nice enough for me).

For the benefit of those that don't check LDS's own forums, there is a nice post here from DShutt:

We appreciate - we meaning Wade, Laurent, Pedro, Andre, Missi, Gary and me - that members would like a well-worded comprehensive update about the status of the 757 project. We would LOVE to provide you with one.

Unfortunately, when there is nothing to report, we don't release well-worded comprehensive updates that say nothing.

I feel that I have written this information many times, but here it goes again:

Unlike other flight sim companies, Level-D Simulations is a PART-TIME concern. Part-time meaning "when there is time."

This means that the 757 project has remained in limbo/stasis/permanent part-time-itis. Work gets started and moving forward, and then full-time real-life concerns intervene, and the project gets put on the back-burner. I do my best to try to coordinate the team to focus on the project, but, hey, sometimes life has other plans.

It's really not the end of the world, is it? The project is ongoing. It isn't dead (as far as I know).

When there is something to post, I will post it. As it stands right now, there is NOTHING to report.

I recognize that this answer may not please, but that's something I cannot control. We have not taken pre-orders or taken any money for the 757. We have only announced that the 757 is coming... and nothing has changed since that announcement was made back in 2006. ;-)

Well doesn't that sum it all up...concur: now looking for the PMDG 777...at least that we know is coming soon.

Coming soon? LMAO

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LOL -"could have been cancelled" from the guy with the CS banner...The 757 is coming. Unlike cynical and opportunist developers who rush to market with half-finished, half-modelled products (hoping to capitalize on the dearth of 757's in the market), Level-D takes it time to capture the full breadth of the aircraft. Yes, quality takes time.

LOL, thats understatement.....takes time, still lol no malice intented