Sign in to follow this  
E

Does FS9 look less realistic than FS2002?

I swear I'm either amazed at how cool the entire scenery and weather look, and at other times it just looks cartoonish compared to FS2002. I DO love how the Lear flies now--and all aircraft are VERY smooth. But again, I'm either going wow or scratching my head! I was using AugoGen, enhanced buildings, real edge clouds, landclass and 75m terrain in FS2002, and again it somehow looks more realisc often. Are you having a mixed reaction as well or no?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I never think that! FS9 is way more realistic looking to me than FS2002!!The brightness of the sky, the new autogen and the enhanced textures. I thought Fs2002 was kinda gloomy and dark, didn't like it. And yes, I did have all the benhancemenst in Fs2002 as well. I guess it just depends on what kind of world you want to be in, I am a bright and cheerful person so I want that kind of world! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I know what you are relating to. The textures are almost pin point sharp. Much less so with FS2K2. Was flying both sims last night and was marveling at the sky colors at dusk in FS9. Would be nice to be able to import the weather engine over to FS2K2, but alas, I doubt it could be accomplished. Although this is a driver issue with my Radeon 9000 PRO, haze is not rendered well in FS9 vs FS2k2 for me. Overall though, I'm impressed!Chris

Guest tascaso

If I load COF up with no weather and I go flying I see exactly what you are talking about. I think that when you load the weather is when the rubber meets the road. The other day I was flying the Caravan into KSFO and the ground haze was just great so real it was scary. I don't know if FSMETEO is out for COF yet but with that addition and FSUIPC the sim will look fantastic. I also love to sit on the runway and see the haze layer moving up from the horizon and blending in with the blue sky. Of course here in the Central Valley of California the blue sky is totally unrealist in COF as its been decades since we have seen blue due to air polution!!!There is always something! But overall I understand your point and post. I suppose that Arizona and New Mexico in the winter time will have that kind of clear air and visibility. But most places have a hazy washed out look when flying over them especially at mid day and with high pressure systems.I still love the weather in COF and the lighting and skies.Tony

FS2004 out of the box looks more realistic than FS2002 with all the addons you describe and then some (you forget FScene ground textures, 30m mesh, replacement airports all over the place, waterFX, replacement moon and sun, etc. etc.).Just turn off lensflare...

I find FS2002 looking cartoonish, now that I've used FS9..Rectangular taxiways at airports, bare bones Control Towers, not to mention cities like Seattle with the silly cranes.. FS2004 is way more realistic. Fly from JFK over Manhattan... just to experience the improvements..

Bert

I think it's probably my intractable pattern of resisting adjusting to change, even when it's a good thing! Again, I am amazed with the weather engine at times. I have 38m mesh plus the incredible looking PC Aviator stuff coming so things should be crazy nice with those it appears.Anyone here using ActiveSky with FS9?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

>Seattle with the silly cranes..I wouldn't say that to the longshoremen that work 'em! *grin*