Sign in to follow this  
ck777

ARC DME- Honolulu

Hello,I really had some trouble with this one. I did quite a bit of reading online and I believe I have a good understanding the procedure. I even found a link from here with some screenshots of the FMC but I was having trouble understanding it.Can anyone provide advice on setting up the FMC for an ARC DME approach into Honolulu for rwy 8L? I would like to hand fly the approach but I'm really curious about setting the FMC.Thanks!Chris K.

Chris B. Trane

Can you attach a pic of the chart so we can view and advise.

I think this is the approach plate you are describing, hopefully I have uploaded it correctly.Barrie Davies

It should already be in the FMC as a choice, but to set a manual arc it's pretty easy. Just enter Place/Bearing/Distance waypoints around 10 degrees apart (with the same VOR and distance) and you should have a fairly nice arc which the plane should follow nice.With your uploaded chart in mind, enter something likeHNL/171/13.9 Which is the start, then add 10 degree increments (eg HNL/181/13.9, HNL/191/13.9 etc) and end the arc withHNL/254/13.9HNL/259/13.9HNL/259/7.8 and the plane should follow it quite nicely and turn in, at which point you might want to manually set and track the R079.

Great. I was close but that is very helpful. Do I create a PBD manual fix or input the above info. on the FIX page?Thanks again!Chris K.

Chris B. Trane

Sometimes the DME arcs are included in the navdata, just select the appropriate IAF such as ALANA in this case. Also, these are always included in my US Collection of sidstars see avsim library file cycle_1007_sidstars.zip.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Thanks...I do have your sid/stars but it's been a while since I updated. This has been a good reminder.Chris K.

Chris B. Trane