Sign in to follow this  
Mudhen

Slewing in Top-Down Mode

Is it possible in top-down mode to slew and see the view change as I ascend/descend?I can slew up to 20,000' in cockpit-view mode and watch the earth fall away below. But if I select top-down mode, I'm stuck looking at the ground from a couple of thousand feet AGL. And once I'm in slewing in top-down mode I can ascend or descend as much as I want, but the view stays the same. Surely there's a way to do this. MH

The top-down view's height is not tied to the aircraft height, it changes based on the zoom setting (ie changing the zoom moves the height of the eye up/down) - in fact, you can sometimes see the aircraft moving up/down in top down mode when raising/lowering the aircraft.Tim

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for that. I have noticed with curiosity the aircraft moving up and down as it travels over terrain of varying height, while my eyepoint stays at the same altitude regardless. But I tried zoom and don't see that it does a thing for me - either in flight or slew mode. I'd like to expand my field of view by moving the eyepoint up as I look down upon my little sim domain. I seem to recall that I could do that way back when I started with FS9 but I can't find the "secret" again.Thanks Very Much, MH