Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Any one see this?

Having an issue with FS9 in that it will not shut down without generating an unknown error message and attempting to re-start. This message is generated about a minute after the program "appears" to have shut down. Irritating.Any suggestions, have done a re-install without anything changing.Suspect that I can live with this if I have to, but if anyone has a thought, would appreciate it.System:gigaByte 8INXPP4 3.06 Hyperthread enabled1024 PC 266 RAMATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128Omega 2.7.7.4a driversTurtle Beach Santa Cruz soundWin XP Prof completely updated

Since it's happening about a minute later, I suspect it's related to the CD protection. You aren't removing the CD during flight, are you? If not, there may be something on your system that doesn't work very well with COF's CD protection...-John

Thank you for the good thought, but I haven't tried to pull the CD out during flights. The error is consistant in that it occurs each time that FS9 is used on then shut down.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Sounds like what's happening is FS9 is crashing every time it is exiting. It's takes a half a minute, or a minute, for the crash dump to be created. You are getting a dialog message that pops concerning the crash aren't you? If not then try setting a something. Right-click on the 'My Computer' icon on your desktop. Then go to 'Advanced' and click on 'Error Reporting'. In there check 'Disable Error Reporting' bullet and check the 'But notify me when critical errors occur' checkbox. I think this will cause the dialog box to come up when FS9 crashes upon exiting. When it appears you sould see what .dll or .exe is conflicting and casuing ti to crash. And you can click on a button that says something to the effect of 'View More Info' that shows the crash dump info. Hopefully at when you see what .dll or .exe is causing it to crash you can come back here and see if you can get more help on pinning down the problem.Good Luck,Jim RichardsOne Tin Soldier

Thanks, Jim. The exact error text appears to be:App: fs9.exeAppVer: 9.0.0.30612ModVer: 0.0.0.0Offset:fffffffModName: unknown.Guess that I will have to shrug my shoulders and live with it....Fortunately, it's more of a nuisance than anything else.Thanks again,

Guest OneTinSoldier

Oh man. That is a bummer that the ModName is unknown. Sorry. Glad to hear you can live with it though.Cheers and Good Luck