Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

FS9 Crashes my computer!!!

It started like this... When I installed FS9 my computer suddenly, and with no prior indication, restarted itself as the install program was finishing up and extracting the world senery. I uninstalled the partial FS9 off my HD and tried again... same thing happened. I for what ever reason decided to install from my CD-RW drive instead of my DVD drive. It worked! But when I opened the flight planning window my computer would do the sudden and abrupt restart (it does this when I try filing a flight plan while inflight too). Everytime the system restarts it send Microsoft the error and pops up a remote problem anylist window in IE, which says that it's an unknown driver error. I've run Norton Antivirus a million times, freaking out that some virus had wormed it's way through my firewall and virus scanning software, only to find out that it's a driver error. I have an ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 with 64mb of RAM. I'm running Win XP on an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ processor with 512MB of DDR RAM. As far as I know there are no new drivers (at least in the past 8 months) for my video card. PLEASE HELP! I've got this great program and now I'm not able to use it!

Guest firehawk44

It sounds like you have that new MS Blaster worm as it has the same symptoms. Goto microsoft.com and check out the symptoms and find out how to fix it. I hope you didn't have your anti-virus program running when you installed FSCOF as that will create problems too. Another possibility could be a memory conflict with your DVD drive. It may not be installed correctly and the drive is defective. You may want to run a hardware diagnostic tool to check out whether it is having problems or not. This sound more realistic as FSCOF calls up your DVD drive everytime you start up the sim (looking for CD4). If it's defective, not installed properly, or in conflict with another device, your system will crash and restart.Jim