Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

B1B Lancer

I'd like to buy the BIB Lancer from Virtavia. Could somebody tell me how is this aircraft. It worth the price. Thanks and regardsLmaire

Real Deraps

Had it for a week now and quite impressed. Well worth the $40.00.Problem! No one is talking about it and I can't find some info I'm looking for, this is one of extremely few threads I've found after searching most flight sim forums. A guy over at Captain Sim put me onto the Virtivia B1B whilst we were discussing some of their products.

It is of course the old Alphasim product rebranded under the Virtavia banner following the closure of Alphasim. The FSX B-1 is a portover from the FS9 version with a few fixes to sort out glass transparency issues etc. Like most Alphasim stuff it is a nice model with some functionality such as opening bomb bay doors etc, but in case you are unfamiliar with Alphasim's stuff be aware that it doesn't have every single switch or system working as that was not really their thing. That's not to say it isn't any good, just bear that in mind and you won't be disappointed.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It is of course the old Alphasim product rebranded under the Virtavia banner following the closure of Alphasim. The FSX B-1 is a portover from the FS9 version with a few fixes to sort out glass transparency issues etc. Like most Alphasim stuff it is a nice model with some functionality such as opening bomb bay doors etc, but in case you are unfamiliar with Alphasim's stuff be aware that it doesn't have every single switch or system working as that was not really their thing. That's not to say it isn't any good, just bear that in mind and you won't be disappointed.Al
I just wanted to say a couple things in response to the above. I created the original textures for the old FS9 version for Alphasim and I also created the new FSX textures for Virtavia. Knowing both versions as well as I do -- and believe me, when you are the texture artist you know that aircraft as well if not better than anyone else involved -- I can say without hesitation that the differences are like night and day. It resembles the previous version in shape alone simple because it is a B-1B. It could have been better (more system depth) and I fought hard to get what is included there. In the end, it is the best (and not just because it is the only) version out there. OK, stepping off the soapbox. :(

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg

I love it!

Why is your username your email address?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Lol, because I screwed up obviously. Didn't know it would be out there like that when posting.

Changed. Please check your PM for new information. Thanks Dave for warning the poster! Publishing your e-mail address on the Internet is dangerous unless you are comfortable with your e-mail's SPAM filtering, but why risk it.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10