Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

Will the Real Microsoft Flight Sim Please Stand Up?

I know this may be kind of silly but as most of us have seen in the past few months that the new Micsosoft Flight Simulator is known by many names in these and other forums...Will the Real Microsoft Flight Sim Please Stand Up?1. FS9?2. FS2004?3. FSCOF?I have never seen this happen before in any other version of M$FS as well as any other flight simulator... This is my take on it so far. We know that the name on the box is Flight Simulator 2004", but M$ also called the install folder "Flight Simulator 9" as well as putting the extended title on the box as "Century of Flight" 'Sheeze, this is enough to drive an armchair flyboy into getting his medical revoked!' :-)What do you folks think it should be called once and for all?

Doesent really matter what its called any normal person would recognise any of those names as flight simulator 2004. I personally use FS9 and fs2004.Andrew

Guest outtatimeiii

I think it should be called FS2004, since its really called "Flight Simulator 2004". But having 3 sims with the same first 3 numbers (2000, 2002, and 2004), its easy to get them confused LOL. I don't really like FSCOF, because I can't type it fast :-lol. As for FS9, its short and to the point, but it 'feels' old. I grew up with FS3, FS4, and FS5.1, and it seems that FS9 sounds like your referring to an older sim :-lol.

Guest The Ancient Brit

S'mae Michael,K4 is even less to type, but in these forums I use FS2K4.Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Guest Fortress

>The only silly thing in your message is M$FS.That's the ONLY thing that's absolutely spot-on!! But that's only my humble opinion too :7Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

FS2K4 or fs 2004 works for me

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Guest SlimDady

I noticed that too.. The exe is named fs9 the shortcut say fs2004 and the box says century of flight.. I guess really its all those things. but thy should have stuck with one