Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simbol

ATC Callsing

Guest Simbol

Hi,It is possible to add Thomson Fly as an Airline callsing? it is an UK airline, also First Choice.Thanks

Hi,It is possible to add Thomson Fly as an Airline callsing? it is an UK airline, also First Choice.Thanks
Done and done :)Subs

Guest Simbol
Done and done :)Subs
Thanks I guess this will work on RC5, but in the mean time how I could get to hear Thompson Fly on my RC4? I have seen something in the AVSIM forums about voicepacks for RC4 for airliners and airports on the UK do they work with Thomspon fly? and how I should install them any advice will be welcome please.This is kind of important to me since I belong to Thompson Virtual Airline and I fly as Thompson all the time, I just bought RC4 yestearday and I found that my airline is not there which was a litle anoying I must say.Many ThanksMr. Raul Morales

Thanks I guess this will work on RC5, but in the mean time how I could get to hear Thompson Fly on my RC4? I have seen something in the AVSIM forums about voicepacks for RC4 for airliners and airports on the UK do they work with Thomspon fly? and how I should install them any advice will be welcome please.This is kind of important to me since I belong to Thompson Virtual Airline and I fly as Thompson all the time, I just bought RC4 yestearday and I found that my airline is not there which was a litle anoying I must say.Many ThanksMr. Raul Morales
Hi Raul,When RC4 was released Thomson was then known as Britannia and that call sign exists.I do not think that you can add a call sign to version 4.3Norman

Guest Simbol
Hi Raul,When RC4 was released Thomson was then known as Britannia and that call sign exists.I do not think that you can add a call sign to version 4.3Norman
I don't know either, But i saw a file called "uk_airports_and_callsigns_2.zip", it states that Thomson Ffly was added but misses in the c4.csv here is the link to the file: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=81213.This is the text stated in the file:Category: Miscellaneous Files - Miscellaneous Files Radar Contact 4 United Kingdom Airport Voices 2 and extra callsigns Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:Radar Contact 4 United Kingdom Airport Voices 2 and extra callsigns (Download #81213) Radar Contact 4 United Kingdom Airport Voices 2 - updated C4 (Download #81216) File Description:New airport and callsign files for RC4 The following new airports are included in this file: EGFF Cardiff, EGPH Edinburgh, EGDP Portland Coastguard, EGPD Aberdeen & EGPK Prestwick. Both Edinburgh and Aberdeen proved diffcult to sound correctly and because of this they are included in a separate zip file within this one. The following new callsigns are included in this file: HELIMED - UK HEMS for the helicopter freaks, NOR SHUTTLE for Mike Ackerman, SHUTTLECRAFT for Bill M, RED (abreviated callsign for the UK Red Arrows aerobatic team) RED DRAGON - Air Wales, GEMSTONE - Emerald Airways, JET SET - First Choice (formerly Air 2000), THOMSON - Thomsonfly, POLICE - UK Police forces helicopters, AIRMED - Air Medical & BRITISH NORTH - British North West Airlines In addition, entries for MAERSKAIR Maersk Air and BLUESTAR Maersk Air (UK) which were originally included with RC4 but which don't appear to have been included in the c4.csv file are included. I will like to know form the Developers if this is true, and their advice prior to atemp to download these files.Regards,Raul Morales

This is kind of important to me since I belong to Thompson Virtual Airline and I fly as Thompson (sic) all the time, I just bought RC4 yestearday and I found that my airline is not there which was a litle anoying I must say.
I'm sorry you're annoyed at the omission but, as has already been pointed out, the Thomson call sign did not exist when RC4 was released so it's hardly surprising it's not there.It is perfectly possible to add new call signs to RC4 - however, as it involves modifying and combining existing .wav files in sound editing software and adding new entries for all the controller and pilot voices in the c4.csv file, it's not something that can be done in a few minutes. The zip you mention, "uk_airports_and_callsigns_2.zip", was produced by Graham Jackson who was a member of the Radar Contact team at the time he made the new files and he's done all the hard work for you. As I mentioned above, the new call signs have been produced by combining parts of existing wav files so don't expect perfection - the end result depends on the suitability of the original files and the results can vary from voice to voice. That said, I find the "Thomson" wavs at the very least acceptable and often, very good.As this call sign seems important to you I suggest you download and install the file as it's your only real option for RC4. If you follow Graham's instructions, everything will be put in the right place for you. One small point that Graham doesn't mention in the readme file, though, is that the unzip process installs a new c4.csv file. It would be a sensible precaution to back up your existing c4.csv before installing the new files.PP

Guest crosscountry

Hi, I've been trying to add callsigns using the downloads from Avsim.they appear on the list but when I click to test them come out as Air Force or ABEX?Any idea how this is happening and how I can get the callsigns to work? :(

Hi, I've been trying to add callsigns using the downloads from Avsim.they appear on the list but when I click to test them come out as Air Force or ABEX?Any idea how this is happening and how I can get the callsigns to work? :(
Yes me too, first cambodia was another i kept getting instead of first choice

Chris Howard

Guest Simbol
I'm sorry you're annoyed at the omission but, as has already been pointed out, the Thomson call sign did not exist when RC4 was released so it's hardly surprising it's not there.It is perfectly possible to add new call signs to RC4 - however, as it involves modifying and combining existing .wav files in sound editing software and adding new entries for all the controller and pilot voices in the c4.csv file, it's not something that can be done in a few minutes. The zip you mention, "uk_airports_and_callsigns_2.zip", was produced by Graham Jackson who was a member of the Radar Contact team at the time he made the new files and he's done all the hard work for you. As I mentioned above, the new call signs have been produced by combining parts of existing wav files so don't expect perfection - the end result depends on the suitability of the original files and the results can vary from voice to voice. That said, I find the "Thomson" wavs at the very least acceptable and often, very good.As this call sign seems important to you I suggest you download and install the file as it's your only real option for RC4. If you follow Graham's instructions, everything will be put in the right place for you. One small point that Graham doesn't mention in the readme file, though, is that the unzip process installs a new c4.csv file. It would be a sensible precaution to back up your existing c4.csv before installing the new files.PP
Thanks Pete,I just installed this and it worked fine for me.RegardsRaul