Sign in to follow this  
Guest bratonabike

Automatic step climbs

Guest bratonabike

Hi guys,Now, i understand that with the PMDG MD-11 you can set altitudes in the FMC and then set the MCP alt to auto, and it will climb when instructed by the FMC. is it possible to do this with the queen?Cheers

Hi guys,Now, i understand that with the PMDG MD-11 you can set altitudes in the FMC and then set the MCP alt to auto, and it will climb when instructed by the FMC. is it possible to do this with the queen?Cheers
Partly correct. You do enter the initial flight level and step climbs in the FMC and if you set the FCP (MD-11's version of the MCP) to the highest alt you inputted in the FMC it will climb the steps automatically when the FMS has calculated to do so (in profile mode) regardless to what the ATC say because you have given the FMS the authority by setting the highest flight level you entered in the FMS. The aircraft can't interact with the ATC in any way except sending transponder data, thats your job. As far as I am aware the 744 step climbs are different and you can't get it behave the same way.