Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Carenado aircraft and FS2K4

Anyone have the C-152 or Bonanza working in fs9? Im just curious, they worked in my press beta, but not the release version. I can confirm the Tomahawk works ok here, nice little VFR machine.I liked the Carenado 152 and would like to get it working, I am occasionally getting a mdl issue or something else and it crashes the sim.ThanksHornit

How?Tomahawk is not working for me...... like everything else from carenado except new cessna centurion.Jacek

I downloaded the aircraft and the 2k2 patch and put the guages in the panel folder, she is working like a champ. The 152 works but it will crash the sim every other time I use it, think its a model issue.Hornit

Guest sdickson1968

Have the Bonanza V35 V-tail working in FS2004 ... sort of. The prop and gear animations aren't displayed, so the plane appears to float a few feet above the ground on take off and landing rolls. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, I suppose, but enough to make me select other planes instead.

Carenado lost business on that one. I asked several months ago that they consider an upgrade of the V35 to FSDS 2....I would have purchased it no questions asked assured that at least the visual model would be '04 compatible. They said they'd consider it, but I think the '210 project was already rolling and they didn't want to invest the 3-4 hours' work an FSDS 1.x->FSDS 2.x conversion would have cost them.... I've always thought the V35 has held a unique place in aviation history. Back in the 60's, my father would drive me to the airport just to catch a glimpse of them.-John

Guest Timbo

Updating a plane from FSDS1 to FSDS2 isn't a quick little fix. It takes a considerable amount of time and all the parts have to be re-animated. Most people would probably not be satisfied with a conversion either and would want a new, up-to-date virtual cockpit, opening doors, and a lot of other eye candy.[table][tr][td]http://timbo87.home.comcast.net/sig/vulc.jpg[/td][/tr][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table

Guest CarlHill

I told them about the prop last week and they said an announcement would be made about FS2004 this week. It never happened. I have now asked for the Dakota instead of the malfunctioning Bonanza. We'll see what happens. No one seems to be in too big aof a rush with the FS9 stuff, my PSS Dash is a mess as well as a frame rate hog. No word on a fix for that either. At least the Carenado stuff is smokin when it comes to frame rate!CH

I see your point, but some animations are fairly easy to convert. The tough ones are the gear and flight control animations, and as you note adding animated doors. Still, the core of the modelling and texturing is there--they could have still come out with an interim release to service their existing customers, who I think would have been happy with things as they are.I don't think it would have taken more than a day, tops, to complete the reanimations...and I work with FSDS 2 as I believe you do as well. If they added more eye candy, then yes I know it'd take longer. But just a straight conversion with nothing else touched is easy to accomplish. Brian Gladden gave me his own Lancair to learn with. I had everything but the gear/flight control animations done in less than an hour....and the gear/fc animations were a struggle to me only because I never tried to animate using key frames before. The Carenado folks are far more skilled than I am... They could make a fool of me in the efficient A/C design dept. :)-John

Guest product

I'm personally hoping they'll take the time to update the Centurion flight model to FS9 specs along with any other tweaks they may be planning- has anyone heard of news about the promised FS2004 update for the 210?Joel

I fly the Centruion on fairly short hops and find I really like the 210 in fs9. Its smooth and has no weird tendencies as far as I can tell and It works really well here on my system.Hornit

My C-152 works fine in FS2004. I just copied it over from Fs2002.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg