Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Funny Delta Cargo Website.

Well actually not funny but rather misleading. Allot of work seems to have went into this section of Delta's website and it's a glaring example of what was promised before Delta fully took over (it can be explained at cargo flying in the bellies of passenger planes but that was not NWA Cargo but yet Delta is selling it as the same thing). Here we have a site promising so much yet all the birds are sitting in the Arizona desert and Delta as of December 2009 has shut down all cargo operations. http://www.delta.com/business_programs_ser...cargo/index.jspThis is what bothers me with major merges of big airlines. They promise so much and once they get what they want the situation ends up worse than if they would have stayed separate. The site above is obviously niceties when they knew full well they would shut down the Cargo arm of the airline once they took over. Again it's funny seeing the site and the actual airline gone from existence... Outsourcing third party airlines to run cargo is not the same thing as a fully operational Cargo airlines and yes when this is done the quality of service suffers. Delta Cargo today is not like Atlas, Polar/DHL, or Korean Air Cargo and shouldn't be sold as such. I guess part of my frustration is the pilots that may have been layed off and/or relegated to some other part of the fleet to be further under appreciated. Any heavy pilot will tell you Cargo flying is the place you want to be after you get used to the long haul aspect of the job.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This is what bothers me with major merges of big airlines. They promise so much and once they get what they want the situation ends up worse than if they would have stayed separate.
this is business ... SOP ... how a very small minority of upper level executives make an obscene amount of money.ask former TWA staff what they think about their contract 'guarantees' that were part of the AA 'merger'.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I don't understand. Is Delta not carrying cargo any more?

Guest zacharace
I don't understand. Is Delta not carrying cargo any more?
They still are, just not with dedicated cargo aircraft, as was NWA before the merger. The OP is pointing out that the Web site is a little misleading in this respect.

Well actually not funny but rather misleading. Allot of work seems to have went into this section of Delta's website and it's a glaring example of what was promised before Delta fully took over (it can be explained at cargo flying in the bellies of passenger planes but that was not NWA Cargo but yet Delta is selling it as the same thing).
Well, it's what most airlines do. But take a look at the link: it has the words "business program" and "services". Sounds familiar?

They still are, just not with dedicated cargo aircraft, as was NWA before the merger. The OP is pointing out that the Web site is a little misleading in this respect.
Does it matter how they carry cargo, and what's misleading about the site?

Does it matter how they carry cargo, and what's misleading about the site?
The service is totally different. First off Delta isn't carrying freight, that part of the company is shut down yet it's being promoted as the same entity. Second someone is carrying that freight and depending on the volume it's not Delta, the real freight service is outsourced which is bad. Third, in the game of security if you have to have your cargo insured Delta will promise one thing yet the contract with who is actually carrying the product has another agreement. Delta may be responsible but it's not the same. If I put it in your hands as to site suggest I want to know like FedEx that's who's at the destination hince what NWA Cargo once was and what's still being promoted. Should something happen to your freight there's a whole lot more red tap to mutle through as to who's responsible versus 'in Northwest's hands, out of Northwest's hands at the destination'. Another thing when too many hands are in the cookie jar there's a greater potential for theft. Some countries seem to have little jurisdiction on businesses headquartered outside their boarders. So if something happens to your stuff sent internationally you may be screwed hence the vagueness in being forthcoming as to who's actually carrying your freight. Allot of responsibility is redirected away from Delta so their not totally liable, expected to give a reason, and most likely will pay a fraction of what your goods were actually worth. This is on top of the perceived new and improved airline's higher ticket prices, less options in routes for passengers, overworked pilots/crew, and sardine packed aircraft. ...The Delta Cargo site states:More Planes: Where, WhoMore Places: OK fine but for these new places are you using regional carriers for freight and if so who, where's the list???More Cargo: How are you moving more cargo, why isn't the site telling me the carriers that's allowing a greater volume to be moved?On face value it's as if the 742's are now waring Delta Cargo colors not sitting somewhere in Arizona collecting dust.

FS2020 

The service is totally different. First off Delta isn't carrying freight, that part of the company is shut down yet it's being promoted as the same entity.
this the 'claim' -

Now, it's easier than ever to send your cargo to more of the places you do business around the world. Delta Cargo offers a variety of products and services to destinations all over the world, letting you:

• Book your U.S. -based and international shipments.
      • Track and trace current shipments.
      • View invoices and billing information

Second someone is carrying that freight and depending on the volume it's not Delta, the real freight service is outsourced which is bad.
why?
Third, in the game of security if you have to have your cargo insured Delta will promise one thing yet the contract with who is actually carrying the product has another agreement. Delta may be responsible but it's not the same.
why not?
Should something happen to your freight there's a whole lot more red tap to mutle through as to who's responsible
delta is as delta has made the contract to carry.
Allot of responsibility is redirected away from Delta so their not totally liable, expected to give a reason, and most likely will pay a fraction of what your goods were actually worth.
where do you read this? even fedex, UPS and USPS will cover a 'fraction' of value with basic freight cost ... want more you pay more for insurance.
new and improved airline's higher ticket prices, less options in routes for passengers, overworked pilots/crew, and sardine packed aircraft. ...
this is modern airline travel.
where's the list???
call and/or email and/or write and ask for a destinaton list.
why isn't the site telling me the carriers that's allowing a greater volume to be moved?
why do they need to tell you this? if you have something to ship you call and ask ... delta says yes or no.
On face value it's as if the 742's are now waring Delta Cargo colors not sitting somewhere in Arizona collecting dust.
no ... on the 'face' it says -

Now, it's easier than ever to send your cargo to more of the places you do business around the world. Delta Cargo offers a variety of products and services to destinations all over the world, letting you:

• Book your U.S. -based and international shipments.
      • Track and trace current shipments.
      • View invoices and billing information

dilloll0, do you have a large volume of freight to move and are looking for a carrier? if so contact the carrier and begin negotiations. you will at some point be allowed to read a contract and decide if the terms are fair. you can even ask, "are your aircraft providing the transport?" if you don't like the language and/or terms you ask for adjustment or find another company.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Don't spoil his rant by bringing facts into it!

Don't spoil his rant by bringing facts into it!
:( I just thought the website was a little misleading seeing they disbanded the actual Cargo airline/operation.For the record Scoob makes some good points I'm just not a fan of too big to fail companies.

FS2020