Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bigshot

FSSound

Can anyone tell me if the FSSound module for FS2002 will work in FS2004? Is it even needed?Thanks very much!

Yes it seems to work fine. You will need it if you import many of the popular fs2002 3rd party panels into fs9.If you do install it, you will want to add this line to your fs9.cfg file[OldModules]fssound.dll=1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>Yes it seems to work fine. You will need it if you import>many of the popular fs2002 3rd party panels into fs9.>Interesting? I am unable to get FSsound.dll to work in FS9. It's in the modules folder with the correct addition in the fs9.cfg. The dll version is 1.5.0.1Is anyone else able to use fssound.dll in FS9?- David

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.Those lines don't have to go into a specific spot, right?

Guest Bigshot

No, just add that section to the end of the fs9 cfg file. I'm running FS2k and FS2k2 sounds in FS9 and they work fine so long as you have the dll file in the modules folder and that above specified section in the fs9 cfg file.

Yes, I have version 1.5.0.1. I just put the line onto the bottom of the fs9.cfg, and all was well. I don't remember doing anything else to get it to work,

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Okay, I give up. Where is the fs9.cfg file? It's not where I thought it was and I can't find it anywhere. I even did a search for it.

Guest Bigshot

It's a hidden file in documents & settings/your user/ ... Check the FAQ at the top of this forum. Also, the one at the top of the fssim forum. Explains how to get to it.