Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brent Hebert

FSD Support

Guest Edam

I have previously supported this group in the past, but after the following exchange, that has come to an end. I had problems migrating the FSD Seneca and Cheyenne from 2K2 to FS9 using their migration tool. I noticed on their help forums that there was an alternate method of doing so, other than using it. I then sent the following e-mail to Steve Small:Hi Steve,After reading the support forum, I believe that I may need an alternate method of migrating both the Cheyenne, and the Seneca, over to FS9. The migration tools did not work, even after a re-install of the Cheyenne. Let me know if you will require a copy of my keys as proof of purchase. Thanks in advance.The response?I would be happy to help me, but I do not even know who you are as you don't have the courteousy to even say.How am I supposed to figure this out exactly ... ?.....Steve Smallwww.fsd-international.com(Mistakes and misspelling intact.)Huh? I offered to send this arrogant individual both of my keys to prove that I was a legitimate purchaser of the two products, yet I have no "courteousy." Needless to say, they won't be getting another dime from me, and I no longer care about migrating their planes over to FS9.

Guest bigun

Get used to just this type of treatment when dealing with Steve Small.George Stoddard

I just had help from Steve on the Seneca. He solved my problem and was very gracious. I sent him an e-mail thanking him and congratulating him on his support. He acknowledged my e-mail with thanks of his own...he couldn't have been nicer. JohnT

Guest Edam

>I just had help from Steve on the Seneca. He solved my>problem and was very gracious. I sent him an e-mail thanking>him and congratulating him on his support. He acknowledged my>e-mail with thanks of his own...he couldn't have been nicer. Congratulations, JohnT.You wouldn't believe the other distasteful and arrogant messages that I've received from him after my original post.It seems that bigun has received the same treatment as I have though.Of course, you didn't say what you had to go through to get that support. Did you have to kneel to him by any chance?

I am working with Steve right now with some problems and he has been very patient. I would recommend that you do your best to read whatever instructions are available to you first. This would be the best approach. If then you are still having problems Im sure FSD will help.BobG

Sorry for your issues with FSD, but I had the same problems getting my Seneca and Cheyenne into FS9, I dealt with Tim Dickens and he was very helpful, patient, understanding and able to help me!!!Try not to let a little attitude from Steve give you a sour taste on the whole company, I didn't ;-)Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest oyvindhansen

But from what I can see in your post you do not say who you are, neither in the email exchanges nor in your post here. So I guess Steve Small has a valid point, huh?Instead of getting upset and run off complaining (because of your own breach of the commen rules of courtesy) you could simply write a new mail to FSD stating your name and other relevant details.- Oyvind

Guest sbdwag

Seems to me you have an agenda or you are very thin skinned. You right a slight curt letter and get a slightly curt response and now you want to take your toys home and play with somebody else. Did you get permission from your mother before you wrote you letter.Furthermore whenever I ask for technical support I ALWAYS include my purchase order. That way there is no question to my validity as a paying customer. That way the vendor doesnt have to look up you account. If you dont give your name and you dont supply your order details how in the heck is Steve suppose to know who you are. DOH!Its called respect and courtesy. Please spell check my remarks.Dennis Waggoner

Ahhh...? His initial email was curt? I sure don't see it that way, but I do see FSD's response that way. If he couldn't tell who he was from his email all he had to say was "Please provide your full name and key code, bla bla bla"Dennis your post makes you look like you didn't get permission from mommy to be using the computer at this time of night ;-)

Guest sbdwag

Gee I made alot of spelling errors didnt I. I need to study harder in claseDennis

Guest Edam

oyvindhansen:But from what I can see in your post you do not say who you are, neither in the email exchanges nor in your post here. So I guess Steve Small has a valid point, huh?Instead of getting upset and run off complaining (because of your own breach of the commen rules of courtesy) you could simply write a new mail to FSD stating your name and other relevant details.I offered my keys. Is that not enough? As for saying who I am HERE, that's none of your business. So I guess that neither you, nor Small, has a valid point, do you?I can see that you are another that has different views of what "courtesy" is. Was not offering to send my keys courtesy? And you think that after getting that response that I should bow down to Small and send him further details? Guess again. Sending my keys should have been enough.sbdwag: Seems to me you have an agenda or you are very thin skinned. You right a slight curt letter and get a slightly curt response and now you want to take your toys home and play with somebody else. Did you get permission from your mother before you wrote you letter.My initial letter was anything but "curt." It was a request for help, that was met with arrogance. You apparently don't have much reading comprehension to speak of. I will leave it at that, except that yes, you need to do a lot more studying in "clase."doooh:Thanks for seeing that as it was.

Guest oyvindhansen

>I offered my keys. Is that not enough? Your key is of no value for FSD, they have plenty themselves. What any vendor is probably interested in is your name so they can check customer records.>As for saying who I am HERE, that's none of your business.Of course names are voluntary in this forum, but that kind of attitude doesn't make people want to help you and only serves to underline Steve Small's criticism of your correspondence style.>>I can see that you are another that has different views of>what "courtesy" is. Was not offering to send my keys courtesy?>And you think that after getting that response that I should>bow down to Small and send him further details? Guess again.>Sending my keys should have been enough.>When I make a phonecall to someone I don't know I usually start of by saying my name and then state my business. When I write a letter or an email I sign it. What you do is to state your business, and then offer to tell who you are if you are asked. That is somewhat rude in my book, and it also uneccesary.But the courtesy issues aside there still is a practical side to it. As Steve says he would like to help you, but he cannot. What did you have to lose by not saying your name in the first mail?- Oyvind

Guest sbdwag

My initial letter was anything but "curt." It was a request for help, that was met with arrogance. You apparently don't have much reading comprehension to speak of. I will leave it at that, except that yes, you need to do a lot more studying in "clase."EdemYou got me. You know believe it or not. If I make a comment rushed or directly from adrenalin that is how my typing displays itself. There's this disjunction from my Brain to my hand that keeps me from typing the same thing I am thinking. I have to proof read my comments several times before I get it fairly accurate. I am sorry that you feel you have been slighted by Steve. You know, believe it or not he is really a kind individual to his friends and he really enjoys what he does. We all benefit from his intelligence and perseverance in this hobby and his work on projects like the Meridian, Cheyenne, Commander, the T-38, and the Beech Baron and King Air have made this Hobby or ours much more enjoyable. FSD has a new exciting plane in beta now of which I am proud to be tiny part of. If you disassociate yourself with FSD now you will be missing out on this new standard of excellence soon to be released. FSD is the most philanthropic developer of Flight Simulator addons out there. When was the last time you saw any other developer releasing a product like the T-38 as freeware. They really do care for the hobby.I apologize for my comments to you they were out of line. I just get upset when somebody attacks someone I respect so much. I hope that you can resolve you differences with FSD and Steve because they really do enjoy what they do and they want everybody to be pleased with there purchases.Dennis Waggoner

Guest Edam

oyvindhansen:My keys, since you are unaware, would have given him my name, address, what I purchased, and the email address that I had at the time of purchase. He could have had those after the very first email that I sent him, but he chose to be a word that rhymes with witch. Any other questions?Dennis:No problem. I've been guilty of making rushed comments that I regretted later on, usually the next day. It happens to us all. I understand that you may have respect for Small, but you haven't experienced what I have.

Guest bigun

Dennis,You show real class with your last post. I had major problems with Steve's responses to my problems and in the end we parted ways with support and his products. This really bothers me to this day because, as I've said all along, FSD products are OUTSTANDING!I'm not going to bring up "old news" with my problems but I can tell you that from my own personal experience it was impossible to deal with Mr. Small. I agree 100% with your comments that Steve has contributed as much to the Flight Sim community as anyone out there.Please understand though that it really is possible to have been "put down and put off" for no real reason other than not "kissing up" to Mr. Small.Again, your last post show real class and understanding and it is obvious that you care about this hobby.Regards,George Stoddard