Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brent Hebert

FSD Support

Guest Edam

I'm glad that I am not alone with this George. I have had other private responses from people with the same viewpoint.And yes, Dennis showed a lot of class.BTW...my email address has changed since I first registered with this forum, and I don't see any way to change it to what it is now.

Guest Brent Hebert

>>BTW...my email address has changed since I first registered>with this forum, and I don't see any way to change it to what>it is now.>>Drop them an email with your new email address to:forums@avsim.comand they will take care of it for you.Brent Hebert

Guest Edam

Thank you Brent!Oops! It bounced.

Guest Steve Small

The anonymous person 'edam', whose identity still remains unknown to me, asked for files which any customer is given freely. Naturally, to ascertain just what we were talking about in this anonymous and mysterious conversation, I needed to understand what file versions were sought and who I was talking with so that I knew which files this anonymous person needed.This is not an especially intrusive inquiry. As any customer needing support knows, if you want some help you have to exchange a litle info. I also need to know if I was actually speaking with a customer and whether the 'offer' to supply 'keys' (which we do not use) was genuine. The truth is I STILL do not know whom I had four conversations with today and if that person is a customer or not.On four successive ocasions, when I explained to this mysterious person why I needed enough information to progress any bona-fide file request, my requests were met with abuse and refusal. I am not satisfied this person even is a customer as his email address is not registered anywhere on any of our databases or forum. I cannot ascertain the legitimacy of his request, and I sure am not giving away software to someone who is not entitled to it.The anonymous nature of these messages from 'edam' really were a bit of a problem as I had no way of knowing if this person was a genuine customer or not. No databases turned up his email address which was the only 'tool' I had to try and ascertain if he was actually a customer or not. Given his repeated refusal to identify himself or verify his status as a customer, I was not able to assist him.I take some comfort from the fact I have successfully assisted over 150 genuine FSD customers today alone, and had thank-you mesages replies from almost all of them.I'm not wiling to stand by and be urinated on by persons who are intent on game playing - like 'edam' and a few others.I am prevented by confidentiality from posting 'edam's correspondence, but I believe I can fairly post part my own to restore a litle balance :-----Original Message-----From: Steve Small [mailto:steve.small@bigpond.com] Sent: Saturday, 16 August 2003 09:56To: 'edam@optonline.net'Subject: RE: MigrationDear whoever you are,When someone writes and does not identify themselves, it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to help them because I cannot ID them as a customer. If I cannot do that I cannot tell if you are a legitimate customer or not - and that limits how informative I am able to be in any reply.If I cannot identify someone as a customer, and ID which files they have, I cannot answer your question accurately.Personally ... most people accept it is a normal social convention to at least identify themselves in simple communications. Can you see my name on this message ? I am not a robot. Identifying yourself (or myself) in communications is not simply a fundamental social courteousy. I am sure you realise in that business, it is absolutely essential.If you would like to start this conversation again by giving me enough info to help you, politely, then I will assist you just as I have already assisted in excess of 150 people so far today. Engaging in this unproductive exchange takes my time away from people who WANT to be assisted.Feel free to write again if you want assistance. .....Steve Smallwww.fsd-international.com

Guest Brent Hebert

Sorry about that, I goofed,It should beforum@avsim.comnot forumsBrent Hebert