Sign in to follow this  
frank1223

Possibility of PMDG744X V2.2 ?

Is it possible? :( Does anyone would like to have this update? :( Hope PMDG can think about it after the NGX!Frank

Z. C

Some others have suggested a VC overhaul in the past. Maybe that could be an important part of the optimization I'm all for it anyway. I'd rather pay for this kind of updates than for exterior models

Is it possible? :( Does anyone would like to have this update? :( Hope PMDG can think about it after the NGX!Frank

Guest bratonabike
Some others have suggested a VC overhaul in the past. Maybe that could be an important part of the optimization I'm all for it anyway. I'd rather pay for this kind of updates than for exterior models
Couldnt agree more. I would love to see an inbuilt weather radar :(

I agree. The fact that its an older product and from what I always read is tougher on FPS than the newer products is the only thing that keeps me from buying it. If they could manage to at least redo the behing the scenes programming to gain FPS I would buy it, even if the VC graphics remained the same. I just dont want to spend the money on it the way it stands now and find that it causes too much of a slow down. If it would equal the FPS I get in the J41 I would buy it tomorrow. As it stands now, its a little more than I would like to spend on an a/c that I am not sure about. If Flight1 sold it with the 30 day money back guarantee I would have probably already bought it to try at least. Maybe in the future when they wrap up the next 3 project they can revisit it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest meshweaver

I would also like to see a revamp of the graphics, just to bring it inline with the JS41 and presumably the 737NGX.I doubt they would need to touch the code much, because functionally it is very complete.

If we do this, it's a whole new plane like the NGX based on that architecture we've been developing. You'll just have to see what happens after the 777. :(

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's why I'm still with FS9.:-)Assuming that FSX versions of PMDG\LDS\Wilco\LHS birds are just conversion from FS9 original code with all these consequential deficiencies and bugs, there is no any practical sense to move into FSX for die-hard simmers. Once NGX released, tested by impatient public, got SP1/SP2..SPXX, then a reasonable simmer will switch to FSX. As far as 747 concerned - I believe that PMDG should create this from the scratch, since Lefris is no longer with them. I doubt they will try to do this, since the product line NGX-777 looks more realistic from the standpoint of practical realization in FSX.PS. By that time, I hope I'll get a bonus and i7-980E.:-)

That's why I'm still with FS9.:-)Assuming that FSX versions of PMDG\LDS\Wilco\LHS birds are just conversion from FS9 original code with all these consequential deficiencies and bugs, there is no any practical sense to move into FSX for die-hard simmers. Once NGX released, tested by impatient public, got SP1/SP2..SPXX, then a reasonable simmer will switch to FSX.
Haha! What about the PMDG MD-11? I don't agree with you at all, but that's my opinion.Luc de Wit

sig1.png
sig2.png

... there is no any practical sense to move into FSX for die-hard simmers. Once NGX released, tested by impatient public, got SP1/SP2..SPXX, then a reasonable simmer will switch to FSX.
I don't agree, but I guess a lot of us die-hards must be unreasonable for switching then, lol.I don't know how you can quantify if someone is die-hard or not, but its entirely possible that I have been simming since before you were born, and would consider myself pretty die-hard considering the amount of time and money I have spent over the last 25 years. Given that, I wouldn't consider myself to be unreasonable or irrational in deciding to use FSX, but that's just me.S. Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's why I'm still with FS9.:-)Assuming that FSX versions of PMDG\LDS\Wilco\LHS birds are just conversion from FS9 original code with all these consequential deficiencies and bugs, there is no any practical sense to move into FSX for die-hard simmers. Once NGX released, tested by impatient public, got SP1/SP2..SPXX, then a reasonable simmer will switch to FSX.
We did not convert FS9 code to make our 400X and MD-11X. The MD-11X came first the FS9 version came after it. The 400X's internals were rebuilt for FSX, using SimConnect instead of FSUIPC. The 400X took over a year to do nd the FS9 400 was actually patched after the final 400X patch to give it all the fixes and features the X version has, not the other way around. Both the MD-11X and 400X have fully FSX native visual models and soundsets too, they're not FS9 ones ported in.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If we do this, it's a whole new plane like the NGX based on that architecture we've been developing. You'll just have to see what happens after the 777. :(
sounds good to me. if it happens, i'll buy it. and i hope it's the 744 & 748. not just the 748 alone.happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Guest bratonabike
sounds good to me. if it happens, i'll buy it. and i hope it's the 744 & 748. not just the 748 alone.
im with this guy :(

You'll just have to see what happens after the 777. :(
You're a bad man Ryan... :(

Would love something like that!Sold!David Di Domizio