Sign in to follow this  
MikeAdamo

For JohnCi ref : panel as texture=0

Guest Speedbird1

Hi John,I remember a couple of days ago you were asking for feedback from FX owners on the entries you suggested for the Panel As Texture =0I took a couple of screenshots taken at the same position at EKCH, weather was downloaded and there was about a 5 fps difference.Hope this is what you were looking for.30974 is the Panel As Texture=030975 is the Panel As Texture=1

Where in the FS9.cfg do you place this line "Panel As Texture =0"?Thanks in advance..

Guest Speedbird1

In this entry[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900.0]Mode=1280x1024x32TriLinear=1RenderToTexture=0PanelAsTexture=0

Interesting that the reverse of what I expected seems to be happening on the FX cards. Are you running the new drivers, btw?-John

Guest Speedbird1

Hi John,Running the WHQL 45.23sIs there any requirement to put 1 or does it default as that value.

I believe it defaults to that value. But I notice you have RenderToTexture set to 0 as well, so that may have some influence on the results. I'll have to play again with it tonight. It's possible the 45.23's do something that improve the default value, maybe for all Nvidia cards. So I may consider a download myself if my results are still the opposite of yours with the option toggled. You may want to remove the entry from your scenery.cfg, just to see what happens :)

Guest Speedbird1

The RenderToTexture value is set to 0 becaause when Active sky updates the weather through FSUIPC the panel and screen flicker.I think there has been a lot of posts on their forum about this one, and it seems that disabling this fixes the problem, although what effect it may cause is not apparent to me as I do not see any fps increase or decrease whatsoever.I also believe FS Meteo users have this problem as well.I will remove the value and report back in the morning....when I have my 4 hour power nap..The joys of a new version. :-lol :-lolP.S I have been messing about with the Ariane Panel and the FPS are very good with that, these defaults seem to be worse this time around.

Guest Speedbird1

Never mind about the nap.Removed the PanelasTexture entry and everything is OK.Rendertotexture will have to stay off though, flickers even with the Ariane panel, I was hoping for a breakthrough.I am not sure if this is a FSUIPC issue.

[000010DE:00000322:nv4_disp.dll]PanelAsTexture=0[000010DE:00000322:nv4_disp.dll.1]MinDriverRev=6.14.0010.4420PanelAsTexture=2that is what it says for mine and my card

Hi Guys,I just wanted to pass this info along on the Render_to_texture and what "effects" it has on graphics within the sim.The Microsoft DirectX7 API (Which FS seems to be built uppon including DX9) offers the opportunity for programmers to tap into some fairly remarkable graphics capabilities, including the ability to render primitives to texture surfaces. Render to texture surfaces with today's 3D hardware provides the opportunity for some dazzling effects, including reflection/refraction, rendering soft-edged shadows, mip map generation, motion blur, and TV-style transitions, and much more.In effect, by turning off the RENDER TO TEXTURE option, you're disabling multitexturing. For those that are asking what is multitexturing?"Multitexturing" refers to the blending together of multiple source surfaces to render an image with special effects. These effects include light mapping, specular mapping, environment mapping, gloss mapping, morphing and emboss-style bump mapping. With increasing computing capability becoming widespread, these special effects have become more common, even expected, in 3D renderings.Sometimes a distinction is made between "multitexturing" and "multi-pass" texturing. In this context "multitexturing" refers to multiple texture combine operations performed in a single operation in a graphics hardware unit, whereas "multi-pass" refers to multiple rendering operations into a frame buffer, with each subsequent operation layered on the previous one. The X3D multitexture specification is intended to be independent of any particular hardware architecture and source surface, and therefore does not make a distinction between "multitexture" and "multi-pass", referring to all blending operations as "multitexturing"Although multitexturing can be used to create a multitude of possible effects, common multitexturing functions in general can be classified into three basic categories of operations -- blending, bump mapping, and reflection mapping. I "think' FS9 uses all of these?Now, I've tried both the render to texture on and off and both times my screen flashed so, you may have narrowed down the problem for some card owners but at the penalty of some image quality. IMO, I think video card drivers are having to play catch-up with this brand new piece of software.Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg