Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Project Airbus A318

Can anyone tell me if there is a complete Project Airbus A318/VC package available for FSX? If so, where can I download it? I am particularly interested in the Elite Global Jet (LX-GJC) version.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can anyone tell me if there is a complete Project Airbus A318/VC package available for FSX? If so, where can I download it? I am particularly interested in the Elite Global Jet (LX-GJC) version.
There's no "complete" PA A318 for FSX available. Their models don't include a VC... just the visual model and FDE. If you want a "complete" A318 for FSX, you'll have to combine their visual model with either the default A321 panel & vc - or combine it with the Wilco A318 vc & panel.

I seem to have successfully installed the British Airways A318 that can be downloaded from the file library. I have followed the instructions given elsewhere to add the A321 VC, but I haven't tried it yet. However, there was a very nice Global Jet Elite colour scheme created for the PA A318 (LX-GJC), and I would like to be able to use that. Can anyone tell me how I do that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Coneman

I got an overstressed crash when I tried to load the merged PA A318 and default A321 vc. Reducing fuel and payload didn't help. The other Airbus work fine for the most part.

I solved the problem of the missing Global Jet Elite version. The absence of a thumbnail image in the aircraft selection menu made me think that it wasn't installed properly. So I added the BA thumbnail image to the GJ Elite texture folder, and deleted the BA version of the aircraft. That allowed me to select the GJ Elite plane using the BA thumbnail image :( I have successfully merged the A321 VC with the Project Airbus (FSX) model, and it seems to be working fine. The only problem I am experiencing is this....When I reduce the fuel load to 50%, and remove all of the passengers from the cabin, the plane starts moving forward on the runway when the engines are at idle. This is obviously annoying, so I am curious to know if there is a solution? The Enigma Simulations ATP also seems to exhibit this problem (without changing anything), so perhaps it has something to do with running FS9 aircraft in FSX?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I believe that even in the real world, a lightly loaded airliner as small as the A318 can taxi on idle.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

I noticed that the main wheels lock up completely when braking during rollout. Is this realistic, or is it something that I can tweak in the settings? Since I use the front joystick button for the brakes, I assume that it's a case of them being "on or "off", but is there a way to make the braking more progressive?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have since discovered the "Anti Skid" command in the control settings menu. When I press this button, the wheels do not lock up under braking. Problem solved :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I solved the problem of the missing Global Jet Elite version. The absence of a thumbnail image in the aircraft selection menu made me think that it wasn't installed properly. So I added the BA thumbnail image to the GJ Elite texture folder, and deleted the BA version of the aircraft. That allowed me to select the GJ Elite plane using the BA thumbnail image :( I have successfully merged the A321 VC with the Project Airbus (FSX) model, and it seems to be working fine. The only problem I am experiencing is this....When I reduce the fuel load to 50%, and remove all of the passengers from the cabin, the plane starts moving forward on the runway when the engines are at idle. This is obviously annoying, so I am curious to know if there is a solution? The Enigma Simulations ATP also seems to exhibit this problem (without changing anything), so perhaps it has something to do with running FS9 aircraft in FSX?
Are you sure you merged the A321 VC with the PA A318 FSX model?I did not know there was an A318 PA FSX model, I know only of the A319 PA FSX model. If you do have the A318 FSX model can you tell me where I could get it please as I would love to have it but could not find it in the PA website.Thanks in advance.Alex C

I know it's really late but

Type in A318 multipackage on FSFreeware.net!