Sign in to follow this  

Best Vid Card for 2004?

What is, by consensus, THE BEST graphics card for FS2004? It's time to replace my GeForce II Ultra 64!Hauptmann

Guest bigun

I think right now they all have some driver issues with FS9, but, that being said. I have the ATI9800Pro and the picture quality and performance are outstanding. I think if you do a search on the forum you will find that the general consensus is that the ATI does indeed have a higher picture quality. Other than some flickering when you start up and the text smear when looking at the tutorial text everything works fine in FS9.George Stoddard

I just installed a Gainward GeForce ultra 5900 fx with 128 mb. Very impressive! Clear with rich colors on my P4 2.4Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest SlimDady

prob the fx5900 if you are willing to install beta drivers

best video card for picture quality is no doubt the 9800, the 5900 may be fast, but as big gun said, the general consensus is ati has better visual quality, i have a 9700 pro and i have the sam flicker problem and smeary text in tutorials, but this should be fixed in the next driver update, i have contacted ati and both issues are being looked at by the catylst crew, along with the stutter problem associated with water and bump mapping that is a 9x00 problem