Sign in to follow this  
Guest bratonabike

Good traffic packages?

Guest bratonabike

hi guys,im so sick of being the only Qantas, luftansa etc etc jet in the whole flipping world! does anyone know of a good traffic package/s?cheers

thanks. hows it on the fps?
HelloThe Fps are very good.

Guest Joshieca
thanks. hows it on the fps?
I got this two weeks ago and it's great. The FPS vary of course on how active you want your sky to be. I can tell you if you have a system bought within the last two years it's going to be more of a question of do you want to deal with traffic jams in the sky or on the radio than FPS. I've had to lower my traffic sliders to 40% simply because I couldn't communicate with ATC in and over major city's because of the amount of traffic this thing generates. Any time you add AI aircraft you'll decrease your FPS it's a fact and if any program/package tells you different they're lying.

Other options is Just Flight's Traffic X, or Ultimate Traffic 2 (UT2) from Flight1. On the freeware side and what I use, is World of AI (WOAI). This is where you download and install individual airline packages. This way you can control which airlines you use . Things to consider are1. If you want real world schedules (At the time they were created) you want either UT2 or WOAI.2. If you want more traffic but not necessarily prototypical, then My Traffic X or 2010 Traffic X will work better for you.3. UT2 does not have military traffic, My Traffic and Traffic X do. On the freeware side you can use Military AI Works (MAIW) to get military traffic.4. The payware traffic do support GA traffic, while WOAI do but mostly with GA business jets. You won't find C172's with it.5. The payware products models are FSX SDK compliant, while WOAI models were built for FS9. That means at some addon airports where FS9 modeled structures were used, it may be necessary to turn off aircraft shadows or they will appear invisible. Not a big problem, and it will help performance as a side benefit.You can check some of my videos to see what WOAI AI will look like!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I use the original version of Ultimate Traffic for FSX rather than the V2 version. That does the job for me, especially since I got it cheap when they offered a low cost upgrade for those who had an earlier FS9 offering, so I think it cost me a tenner or something like that.Might not suit everyone to stay with an older version, however, since I am not especially bothered about having up to the minute AI liveries and exact present-day schedules for AI traffic, but still didn't want the default FS fictional airlines, it's fine for that. It also means that Radar Contact and such are dealing with 'proper' airlines, and who cares if a Lufthansa airplane I hear on the radio thirty miles away doesn't have the exact livery that Lufthansa have today?Since UT in its original form is less demanding on the system than UT2 because of the lower polygon models, that's another advantage of staying with the old one, so long as one is not bothered about having things which stand really close inspection. I do like the aeroplane I am flying to be modeled well, but I couldn't really give a toss whether an airliner on the other side of the airfield has too few fan blades on its engines and slightly noticeable polygon sides on its tires if you get within ten feet of it.Each to their own of course, but that's the way I roll.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here