Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Erick Cantu's L1011

Thanks too Erick Cantu and Will Hemb for putting up the great L1011 model by Erick. it used to be only in one site vistaliners and only a few got permission to paint them but now most people can dig in now which is great hope to see some nice paints.l1011-100_vistaliners_final.zip

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

It's great that Erick's model wil be available again. It's a great pity he has stopped making FS models as he has been one of the most talented of model designers. His 727s, 737s, MadDogs and of course the L1011 are classics of FS9.;)

It's great that Erick's model wil be available again. It's a great pity he has stopped making FS models as he has been one of the most talented of model designers. His 727s, 737s, MadDogs and of course the L1011 are classics of FS9.;)
HI Martyn I totally agree with you I dont think Eric will realize how much we love his work. it is sad that he is not modeling anymore for fs. I really hope one day he will come back. I do remember that he had some tough times with his personal life, as-well as some people trying. too destroy the fun of modelling and flight simulator.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Don't forget Erick's wonderful Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia, one of my personal favorites.John

I was browsing TrainSim.com in the MSTS files inadvertently and saw Eric's name on some locomotives over there. I didn't check the date, but maybe he wanted something different or got out of the modeling business altogether.
Hi Mike I did read a few posts were Erick said that he really enjoys modelling trains. great shots Gus! she looks great!! :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Agree with all of the above sentiments. I love his EMB-120, wish there was a panel and sounds I could DL or purchase from somewhere (does the J41 have the same engines?).His work for Trainsim is stunning as well. A real talent he has.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest ka2zme

Has anybody noticed in the wing view there is very little aerilon animation. With flaps you can see a bit of movement on the outer aerilon, with flaps up you only see the spoilerons moving. The high speed inner aerelons dont move at all it might have been meant that way. Also if anybody notices in the external view you see the thrust reversers working, but not in the wing view. Just wondering. Other then that bit of nit picking i was pleasently surprised to see this a/c available and she is beautiful.

The model was originally released in its beta version around 2005; that's why some small details are not finished. It is what it is.;)

Whoa...what a relief. That's great, considering that I've never managed to get the model. A good alternative to Mike Stone's model. I already have a simple but intuitively easy to use panel by Marco Spada to use with it BTW. Regards,Dave

Guest ka2zme

Im surprised i missed it back in 2005, its still like Christmas morning between the new posky 747-8, the pa-a380, and this new to me l1011 i am enjoying :-))))).