Sign in to follow this  
Guest bratonabike

Removing houses?

Guest bratonabike

hi guys,there is this bloody annoying house at YSSY that whenever i fly the PMDG 747 she always clips her right wingtip on the house when i head out to rwy 34L. does anyone know if i cant erase this house from the autogen?heres a screenshot:cheers

Guest anthony31fs

Get airport design editor.Load YSSY into itCreate an exclude polygon over the house and set it to exclude autogen.Save your new YSSY airport file to an active scenery folder.Sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

Guest bratonabike
Get airport design editor.Load YSSY into itCreate an exclude polygon over the house and set it to exclude autogen.Save your new YSSY airport file to an active scenery folder.Sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done.
ok, but as u can see by the ground texture it dosent look like that house is in the actual airport.

Guest anthony31fs

I doesn't need to be.ADE is the tool and it will work.

Guest bratonabike
I doesn't need to be.ADE is the tool and it will work.
ok, i got YSSY opened, and i cant see the house. i know where it should be but its not in the editer. help?

Guest bratonabike
Make the exclude and save. Start FS and see if gone. I find the making excludes that exclude everything removes autogen, at least in FS9.
but i only need 1 house either moved or gone, its not in the airport, so i cant edit it. its very frustrating because as i said before i keep clipping wings on it.

Are you using 3rd party scenery of some kind around that airport? I don't have autogen even remotely that close to the airport in FS9 and mine is at max.Oops... lemme check FSX... *note to self: remember which forum you're in!*Ok... checked FSX... one autogen where your aircraft is... but much further back. Of course, I'm assuming you're on the taxiway that parallels the runway.An exclude will eliminate the autogen buildings.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

ok, so just draw an exclude box where i THINK the house is, even if it outside the airport, save it then it should be gone?
You don't have to guess where the house is in ADE, you can just sync it up with your position in FSX.

Run FSX, create a flight at YSSY and slew to the top-left of the houses.houses1.jpgRun ADE, load stock airport YSSY.Click on "Connect" an you will see the aircaft position.Place a position marker to the upper left of the houses.Slew to the bottom-left of the houses and place another mark.Click on the "Add polygon" button and draw a rectangle between the two markers and the taxiway.Set the type to "Airport Background" and the tag to "Exclude Autogen"houses2.jpgCompile and it will create twoi files, YSSY_ADEX_xxx.BGL and YSSY_ADEX_xxx_CVX.BGL.If you have made no other modifications to the airport, just place the ...CVX.BGL in Addon Scenery\Scenery folder.Run FSX, load YSSY and there should be no houses.houses3.jpgIf you don't want to do it yourself, download the file fromhttp://www.geo-davison.demon.co.uk/YSSY_ADEX_GHD_CVX.bglGeorge

Guest bratonabike
Run FSX, create a flight at YSSY and slew to the top-left of the houses.houses1.jpgRun ADE, load stock airport YSSY.Click on "Connect" an you will see the aircaft position.Place a position marker to the upper left of the houses.Slew to the bottom-left of the houses and place another mark.Click on the "Add polygon" button and draw a rectangle between the two markers and the taxiway.Set the type to "Airport Background" and the tag to "Exclude Autogen"houses2.jpgCompile and it will create twoi files, YSSY_ADEX_xxx.BGL and YSSY_ADEX_xxx_CVX.BGL.If you have made no other modifications to the airport, just place the ...CVX.BGL in Addon Scenery\Scenery folder.Run FSX, load YSSY and there should be no houses.houses3.jpgIf you don't want to do it yourself, download the file fromhttp://www.geo-davison.demon.co.uk/YSSY_ADEX_GHD_CVX.bglGeorge
thankyou for your helpful tip. i went through and did it right, there is no house anymore. thanks :(

While there are many differences between FS9 and FSX, there are still many similarities. Good to see you have it sorted. Sorry I couldn't help with the pics like GHD did though, I can't get ADE to run properly any more, but did rework my local airport with it to some extent and had a fairly good idea of what could and couldn't be done with it.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Guest bratonabike
While there are many differences between FS9 and FSX, there are still many similarities. Good to see you have it sorted. Sorry I couldn't help with the pics like GHD did though, I can't get ADE to run properly any more, but did rework my local airport with it to some extent and had a fairly good idea of what could and couldn't be done with it.
yea. well thanks to you too for helping out, do you know if theres a way to make the taxiways darker or something? that might add a bit more detail to my home airport :(