I recently came across this cabin height gauge Initially its starting value was 10,000ft rising to the same altitude as the aircraft during the climb.now it starts at airfield height but still continues to actual aircraft altitude.I'd like to do some mods but am not sure what to do.1. I'd like to be able to set an upper limit say 10,000ft being the actual cabin pressure compared to the outside2. To set a rate of increase/decrease in pressurisation- Also to ensure that the gauge reads correctly on landing.3. A cabin pressure dump equalising the cabin pressure to the outside

<Gauge Name="Cabin Height" Version="1.0">   <Image Name="Cabin_height_bg.bmp" ImageSizes="195,195,195,195" Luminous="1"/>   <Element>	  <Position X="98" Y="98"/>	  <Image Name="Cabin_Needle.bmp" PointsTo="East" ImageSizes="120,22,120,22" Luminous="1">		 <Axis X="31" Y="11"/>	  </Image>	  <Rotate>		<Value>(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 /</Value>		 <Failures>			<SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="0"/>		 </Failures>		 <Nonlinearity>			<Item Value="0" X="63" Y="160"/>			<Item Value="5" X="26" Y="109"/>			<Item Value="10" X="39" Y="48"/>			<Item Value="15" X="97" Y="22"/>			<Item Value="20" X="159" Y="49"/>			<Item Value="25" X="174" Y="112"/>			<Item Value="30" X="137" Y="159"/>		 </Nonlinearity>		 <Delay DegreesPerSecond="6"/>	  </Rotate>   </Element>   <Mouse>	  <Tooltip>Cabin Height</Tooltip>   </Mouse></Gauge>

It seems to me that the gauge is simply an altimeter displaying in thousands of feet. - <Value> (A:Indicated Altitude,feet)1000 / </Value>Unless you want to model a complete cabin pressuriation system, the simlpest solution is to make the output follow altitude until some critical value (typically 6000-8000 ft) and then remain constant thereafter at the critical value.

It seems to me that the gauge is simply an altimeter displaying in thousands of feet. - <Value> (A:Indicated Altitude,feet)1000 / </Value>Unless you want to model a complete cabin pressuriation system, the simlpest solution is to make the output follow altitude until some critical value (typically 6000-8000 ft) and then remain constant thereafter at the critical value.
Yes, that's what i want to try to do.vololiberista

Yes, that's what i want to try to do.vololiberista
Replace the <Value>(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 /</Value> line with: <Value> (A:Indicated Altitude,feet)1000 / 8 > if{8} els{(A:Indicated Altitude,feet)1000 /}</Value>This should limit it to 8(000) ft.My XML's a bit rusty and I haven't tried it.

Replace the <Value>(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 /</Value> line with: <Value> (A:Indicated Altitude,feet)1000 / 8 > if{8} els{(A:Indicated Altitude,feet)1000 /}</Value>This should limit it to 8(000) ft.My XML's a bit rusty and I haven't tried it.
Thanks I'll try that.vololiberista

Sorry to say that didn't work :( The gauge stayed at zero the whole time.

Hi,There are missing some spaces.Try:<Value>(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / 8 > if{ (8) } els{ (A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / }</Value>Hope it helps,Jan

Hi,There are missing some spaces.Try:<Value>(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / 8 > if{ (8) } els{ (A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / }</Value>Hope it helps,Jan
Thanks that was better but as the a/c climbed above 8,000ft the needle went back to zero. When descending to 7,500ft the needle went back up from zero to 8 as the a/c passed FL80!!

Hi,Tested this one, works ok.<Element><Position X="63" Y="64"/><Select><Value>@power</Value><Case Value="0"><Image Name="altimeter needle.bmp" PointsTo="North"><Axis X="8" Y="47"/></Image></Case><Case Value="1"><Image Name="altimeter needle.bmp" PointsTo="North"><Axis X="8" Y="47"/></Image></Case><Case Value="2"><Image Name="altimeter needle.bmp" PointsTo="North"><Axis X="8" Y="47"/></Image></Case><Case Value="3"><Image Name="altimeter needle bright.bmp" Bright="Yes" PointsTo="North"><Axis X="8" Y="47"/></Image></Case></Select><Rotate><Value Minimum="0" Maximum="8">(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / 8 > if{ 8 (>L:Indicated Altitude,feet) } els{ (A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / (>L:Indicated Altitude,feet) } (L:Indicated Altitude,feet) </Value><Nonlinearity><Item Value="0" X="63" Y= "0"/><Item Value="1" X="86" Y= "31"/><Item Value="5" X="63" Y="104"/><Item Value="8" X="24" Y= "50"/></Nonlinearity><Delay DegreesPerSecond="90"/></Rotate></Element>So yoy can take out, what you need.Hope it works ok now,Jan

Hi,Tested this one, works ok.<Element><Position X="63" Y="64"/><Select><Value>@power</Value><Case Value="0"><Image Name="altimeter needle.bmp" PointsTo="North"><Axis X="8" Y="47"/></Image></Case><Case Value="1"><Image Name="altimeter needle.bmp" PointsTo="North"><Axis X="8" Y="47"/></Image></Case><Case Value="2"><Image Name="altimeter needle.bmp" PointsTo="North"><Axis X="8" Y="47"/></Image></Case><Case Value="3"><Image Name="altimeter needle bright.bmp" Bright="Yes" PointsTo="North"><Axis X="8" Y="47"/></Image></Case></Select><Rotate><Value Minimum="0" Maximum="8">(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / 8 > if{ 8 (>L:Indicated Altitude,feet) } els{ (A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / (>L:Indicated Altitude,feet) } (L:Indicated Altitude,feet) </Value><Nonlinearity><Item Value="0" X="63" Y= "0"/><Item Value="1" X="86" Y= "31"/><Item Value="5" X="63" Y="104"/><Item Value="8" X="24" Y= "50"/></Nonlinearity><Delay DegreesPerSecond="90"/></Rotate></Element>So yoy can take out, what you need.Hope it works ok now,Jan
many thanksvololiberista

Just another take on the deal.... maybe give this a try.. <Value>(A:Indicated Altitude,feet) 1000 / 8 min</Value>Take the minimum of either 8 or the division of alt by 1000.. The maximum = 8Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I came across -this web page- with regard to cabin pressure.What are your thoughts?vololiberista
My thoughts are that William graciously posted working XML script(s) for the three gauges, and even included his artwork......take it and run! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My thoughts are that William graciously posted working XML script(s) for the three gauges, and even included his artwork......take it an run! :)
The only thing is that his pressure differential calculation rises too quickly. It get to 7.8 at about 29000feet. So i will have to slow it down a bit.But certainly it's good stuff to work with.vololiberista