Sign in to follow this  
michal

realistic sky color in FS9 ?

I am talking about the fair weather sky - your typical blue sky. I made a comparison between FS2002 and FS2004. I find that the sky in FS2002 is more realistic, in FS2004 it is too intense blue.This is what I was afraid - weather artists on the FS team get so excited they will overdo some effects.The first one is in FS2002, the second is FS2004.Michael J.

Hi Michael. The sky color in fs2004 change day by day 140 variation, and it is full customizible not fs2002, you may change each date one by one, it change always not fs2002, fs2002 blocked code not fs2004.The weather themes is only quick exemple. Real wordls sky color have difference in color all part of the world, UK, Canada, Us etc have not the same dawn, dusk, day sky and the color change with the condition/temps, so 140 variation can simulate this, the sky color have each also etc.In fs sky world 2004, I will have fixed sky color for each day, as well for dawn, dusk for your prefered sky for all day, or day by day stuff like now. thank god it is not like fs2002 closed code.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris, Thanks God it is customizable.Yes, I see the difference in winter - winter color is lighter, but there is no excuse for the summer sky to be so dark. It is summer now and my window is just behind the monitor - very easy to compare :-lolLooking forward, as always, to your own work ...Michael J.

Hi Micheal, "I tried different times of the day, different seasons - I see no particular difference"Not time of day or difference season, but change the date one by one on the same position on day hour.Please email me, I will have stuff to beta test if you have time about this and new point generic night light and others stuff.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Just add some lowered vis, like 30 miles, makes it much better, I think this versions sky colors are FAR FAR more realistic than 2k2. Just my two cents.Hornit

Chris,Sent you email - sky, night lights, you couldn't have picked a more dedicated beta tester in this field. *:-*Michael J.

FYII have 3 different monitors that I have plugged in and everyone gives me a different shade of blue. BobG

I actually made another discovery that puts things in perspective.When I selected "clear weather" and say spring, 8:00 am I got pretty decent sky color. It is the "fair weather" theme that in my opinion messes up the sky color completely.Michael J.

I really like the fair weather sky color! It reminds me of a bright spring day! I thought FS2002 was way to gloomy, had to turn up my monitor brightness to compensate.I was at Addison airport (Dallas) the other day and I was thinking about how bright it was, with the reflections off of objects and the sky, came home and compared, pretty close in my book.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Michael,Actually I am no longer sure about all my statements above.I just selected "fair" weather theme and I thought the color of the sky was very good. Some other time it was visibly wrong. I am playig with different locations, times, seasons trying to see what's going on. But I suspect there is a bug - I can select the exactly same environment (date, time, location, clear weather, etc.) and end up with two vastly different sky colors. I am trying to find out under what conditions I am getting this "wrong" color and it has not been easy ...OK, after edit .... Thanks to Chris Willis I now know what's going on. It turn out it has nothing to do with season, weather theme, time or location, only with date. So today Aug. 16 - yes, I don't like this particular blue, but I checked the sky for tomorrow, and the whole week thereafter and all seem fine to me. :-)Michael J.

Guest product

Some new desaturated sky textures were uploaded to the Avsim file library Friday, I believe. I tried then and they're a 100% improvement, much more realistic blue, at least for sub-10,000 cruising.Best,Joel