Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nathan Palmer

FS ATC Runway Assignments..

Guest byoung

OK At KSPI the winds are 319 @ 8. FS ATC assigns me Runway 4, when there is a Runway 31..Any ideas why?Barry

Guest byoung

At KIND Wind is 270 @ 7..Runway Assignment is 5L????What is the deal??Barry

Guest ssurjap

Are you using Real World Weather? If you aren't, it depends on the prevalent winds that FS is reading on your arrival.

Guest byoung

I am using FSUIPC 3.x and FS Mateo Version 6. And I have User Defined weather checked.Barry

It depends on when your weather source adds the winds. FS2004 makes a big departure from FS2002 in this area. If you load FS2004 with default winds (some theme), FS2004 will use those winds for directing you to the runway, especially if there are AI in use. Try downloading the weather prior to loading the FS. It should then be near what you are using with the external weather generator.I would suggest your external weather generator adds the winds after FS has already used the default winds during setup. FS2004 will not change the runways until ALL AI departing/arriving and the user aircraft has NOT requested taxi/clearance.One thing you could try is moving your AI percentage to zero, add the weather, move the AI percentage to your liking, then request taxi/clearance. W. Sieffert

Guest Nathan Palmer

I second the fact that CoF might still have a little 2002 in it when it comes time to assign runways. I too have been instructed to land crosswind when there were two parallels that were both long (10k and 8k) and into the wind but was assigned the longest runway (11k). Its not a big deal since there might of been construction going on or for noise abate but in general hope that it does not become a common event of having the longest runway the active. BTW real weather, no addon weather, default everything else.NP