Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Idea concerning slowing fps during landing...

Hi all, I may have found something about the drop of frame rates during approach to any airport. I can't be certain so I would like to see how it works on other systems. During approach at a medium sized airport (KDET - Detroit Muni), I noticed an extreme loss of fps (22fps locked to 14-15fps). I decided to start some tweaking and anything I did had no impact except for one thing, autogen. I moved the slider to none and of course frame rates jumped to my locked of 22. The interesting thing is I then moved the slider back to very dense and the frame rate stayed at 22. I have tried this at 3 different airports and everytime I get a slow down this appeared to help.Once again here is what I did. I would like to see if this helps other machines.1. set autogen to none and close the setup menu, 2. enter the setup menu again moving the autogen slider back to its original setting.EricP4 2.4 Ghz 800FSB512mb 3200 ramGeforce 4 4200 64mbWin2k sp4

The real test, does it remain there for you or after a few minutes do you get the degradation again?? Or does this switch of the autogen fix it for the remainder of that session?Hornit

I see the slowdown even without Autogen... One possible culprit--the panel...If I leave the panel displayed during turns near airports, fps falls by about 15-20 pct. If I leave the panel hidden by pressing "W" twice, airports are as smooth as glass. The "minipanel" leaves things bout halfway in between.Panels didn't hit performance in FS2002. But they did in FS2000. I have to wonder if code has made it's way back into FS2004....Let's face it--around airports we do a lot of turning and heading changes. I tested my theory over LA--with no panel, smooth performance. Perhaps others can give it a try....-John